GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

@Southbend

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to bump this old thread.. But I recently had a Stage 2 Endurance clutch kit (KFSIF HD OFE) installed in my 2012 Volkswagen Golf R. After break in period, I'm experiencing worse and worse shifting.. Mainly gear lockouts. For example, at stoplights I won't be able to put it in first gear at all with clutch pedal fully on the ground. Sometimes during regular shifting it will get stuck in gear as well and it will take excessive force to take it out of that gear usually resulting in slight gear grinding. Yesterday it actually got stuck in reverse in my driveway and I couldn't pump the clutch because I was in front of my garage door so I had to shut the car, force it out of gear, start it back up, and then try 3 times befor it would let me in first gear.. I've already been back to the reputable shop that installed it and they tried bleeding the system and it didn't help. I was going to have them tear apart the car again because it's really becoming a nuisance now but I found this thread and see that some of you had similar problems in these cars and there was apparently a modification to the plates? It looks like there was a revision to the kit from the email from southbend in this thread and I'm not sure which version I have. My car had no shifting problems at all before installing this clutch and it grabs great, but it is my daily driver and I can't have this reliability problem anymore. What do I do!! Aah!!

The springs on the clutch plate are most likely damaged. I've dealt with this issue before with Hondas.

9V7W3

Ready to race!
The springs on the clutch plate are most likely damaged. I've dealt with this issue before with Hondas.

How could that be? I was VERY deliberate in breaking in the clutch, all stop and go for first 1000 Miles and even after that at 2,200 Miles I still have not beat on it at all.. The problem gradually got worse and worse and the kit came with a new TOB so I don't think it's that.. So is southbend still crap or did I get a defective disk? Is there any way to tell if I got the old version of the kit before they "fixed" everything?

Euro Enginuity

Passed Driver's Ed
How could that be? I was VERY deliberate in breaking in the clutch, all stop and go for first 1000 Miles and even after that at 2,200 Miles I still have not beat on it at all.. The problem gradually got worse and worse and the kit came with a new TOB so I don't think it's that.. So is southbend still crap or did I get a defective disk? Is there any way to tell if I got the old version of the kit before they "fixed" everything?

Its your slave cylinder. Take it back out completely and attempt to bench bleed it slowly. Bet the seal is blown out the back

2inTheMorning

Ready to race!
Sorry to bump this old thread.. But I recently had a Stage 2 Endurance clutch kit (KFSIF HD OFE) installed in my 2012 Volkswagen Golf R. After break in period, I'm experiencing worse and worse shifting.. Mainly gear lockouts. For example, at stoplights I won't be able to put it in first gear at all with clutch pedal fully on the ground. Sometimes during regular shifting it will get stuck in gear as well and it will take excessive force to take it out of that gear usually resulting in slight gear grinding. Yesterday it actually got stuck in reverse in my driveway and I couldn't pump the clutch because I was in front of my garage door so I had to shut the car, force it out of gear, start it back up, and then try 3 times befor it would let me in first gear.. I've already been back to the reputable shop that installed it and they tried bleeding the system and it didn't help. I was going to have them tear apart the car again because it's really becoming a nuisance now but I found this thread and see that some of you had similar problems in these cars and there was apparently a modification to the plates? It looks like there was a revision to the kit from the email from southbend in this thread and I'm not sure which version I have. My car had no shifting problems at all before installing this clutch and it grabs great, but it is my daily driver and I can't have this reliability problem anymore. What do I do!! Aah!!
How'd it end up with your Southbend clutch?