GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire stretching in Pittsburgh..?

carbonsteelsix

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know of any reputable shops that can stretch tires? It's not a huge stretch, 215 on an 8.5. I've called almost 20 places, national chains and mom and pop shops, and all have either said they can't or they just don't. Help!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know of any reputable shops that can stretch tires? It's not a huge stretch, 215 on an 8.5. I've called almost 20 places, national chains and mom and pop shops, and all have either said they can't or they just don't. Help!

Anyone should be able to do that. I highly doubt anyone would even notice the stretch on a 215 on a 8.5" wheel truthfully. I would just bring it to somewhere and tell them you need to get a tire put on and don't mention anything about the stretch.

With that being said, the only thing I have other people do is alignments and tires since I obviously can't do that myself. George Riggin Auto Specialites in Zeleinople is REALLY good and there are some really cool guys there as well. They do mostly all Euro stuff and always have a bunch of cool old cars in there. A little pricey, but good work isn't cheap!

I drive like 45 minutes out of my way to go there as they are that good.