GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I like Portillos, I think it's good.

I don't understand the crazed hype it seems to get from everyone NOT from Chicago tho. It's a chain fast food restaurant after all.

IMO it's like the In-N-Out hype. The people who RAVE about In-N-Out are never California natives or people that actually live there. At least Portillos is better than In-N-Out.

My Portillos go-to is the Beef-n-Cheddar croissant, BTW. And I'd avoid the Chocolate Cake Shake. A+ for idea but C- on execution since the straw gets clogged up with cake chunks. Stick with a regular chocolate shake, or chocolate malt (my preference).

in N out only place i ate that i felt wasnt overrated. except the fries those were garbage.

100% agree on chocolate cake shake being a disaster . chocolate malts also delicious .

need to try bowling alley place soon, havent been bowling in forever. Would be happy with 110 finish scoring.

If you want REAL Chicago?

90/94, coming into downtown from the south side (you'll be coming that way) - exit at Roosevelt. Left on Roosevelt, cross the highway, take the next left. Keep to the right side. Street parking.

Yellow building, "Maxwell Express". Not "Jim's Original" though it's not BAD.... just that "Express" is better IMO. Walk up building. Order a Polish, mustard, easy onions, comes with fries, coke. Eat at the little tray on the side of the building OR eat it in your car so you can smell the smells the rest of the afternoon. You're welcome.
dont judge a book by its cover place from pictures i saw online

mustard makes a good bratwurst i agree. id be fine with some saurkraut too :thumbsup:

Might stop by PCAs autocross on Sunday if its nice out, ya'll allow ride alongs if i bring my helmet?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Might stop by PCAs autocross on Sunday if its nice out, ya'll allow ride alongs if i bring my helmet?

I won't be there - and no, no ride-alongs with PCA. All people in the car need to be registered participants, and if a 2nd person is in the car, one of them needs to be a PCA certified instructor.

PCA's insurance is a little bit more strict than most when it comes to AX, because PCA is under the same policy as all other events.... including the national Club Racing program. And, at least w/PCA, if shit happens, someone sues, and the region's insurance policy runs out: the board of directors become personally liable.

So they're understandably a little touchy.

Jaber

Modero
Anyone ever hear of Mobile One Inc. In glenview?

They did my tune. Never had any issues with them, but I know others have complained. But then again, people bitch about everything. Only shop that I hardly ever hear bad things about is Komet.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
My buddy used to LOVE Mobile One for his Audi TT.

I think the guy was fairly knowledgeable and honest. However when my buddy bought a completely programmable ECU, the guy told him that tuning is "easy" and to "just drive around, you'll figure it out..."

So he did. Blank ECU with some kind of weird software to interact with it, with a "startup map" and an external boost controller, fresh motor and big turbo, ripping up and down Rt. 72 with 30psi boost. Popping, farting, misfiring, knocking.....

He managed to blow it up in a few days. He was convinced the guy was right, and he'd be able to "figure it out".... after a few days, he decided to drive out to my house for help, and the motor was already fucked.

In the end the guy at Mobile One wound up buying the car from him for pennies on the dollar, and my buddy went out and bought a Cayman instead. He never blamed Mobile One (I did! Know your customer!!! Don't hand over TUNING to a n00b...)

Anyways... that's my story about Mobile One.

On to another topic - anybody in the market for a low mile '17 GoRf DSG?

Husband of a coworker of mine is selling his.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/167053374013212/?ref=messenger_share

PM me if you're interested, I can put you in contact.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Komet motorsports is awesome. They have helped me a lot with my car. And any custom exhaust work is done by action auto clinic off 64. Also great shop. If any of you guys make it out this way feel free to hit me up.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Can confirm Craig and Lady Craig are real . Nice people tbh.

Unrelated topic: I also dont like working with tuner lugs just saying.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Guy gets a new engine and then thinks he can tune it himself? Even I know I don't have enough sense to tune a car, no matter how easy it might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.