GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What kind of compensation should i be after?

saveferris

Hey guys......

I ordered and paid a deposit on a 118 TSI manual, metalic paint, sports pack, bluetooth with mats on the 18th of March for around $34,000, my delivery date was for the 15th of May.

Now this is where my grief starts.....

I was ready to pick up my car on the 15th of May but the dealer called and said the car wasn't ready, I informed the dealer that if the car wasn't ready on that day i wouldn't be able to pick up the car until the following month (16th of June to be exact) because i was going away to Sydney for business commitments. She said that's fine and she'd hold onto the car until i returned.... Fast forward to tonight, I get a phone call from the dealer stating that an error had occurred by the stock controller/manager and as a result my car had been sold. " I smell bullshit" Now she told me that she has re-orderd my car and that it would now be arriving sometime late July early August. " i'm thinking WTF." I'll be returning to melbourne on the 15th without a car because i wrote it off in Feb, and because of the stuff up with VW i'll be losing money because i need the car for work commitments.

So my question is am i able to get some sort of compensation from VW Bayside? and what kind of compensation? What do you guys suggest?

I was thinking of substantial discount on the car and also be given a courtesy car until my car arrives in early August.... is that unreasonable considering i'll be out of pocket.

Thanks gents.

DonkeyKong

I am sorry to have heard what you have been through. What a bummer. In saying that, we are all human. Mistake is a natural part of our lives. I believe they should offer you a courtesy car until such time that your car arrived. Good luck.

Sea Biscuit

Mate, that is an absolutely shocking performance from Bayside. I'm no expert, but you need at least:

- equivalent (or near) courtesy car to use in the meantime
- make them cut down the insurance excess to something reasonable like $500
- make them throw in some extras to your new car like tints, boot mat, premium plates and other dealer-fitted stuff
- judging by other threads, they probably have around $1,500-ish profit to play with, so I'd hit them up for some compensation based on how much you're out of pocket. (someone can correct me on the figures if they disagree)

Let us know how it goes. Best of luck.

saveferris

Well just a quick update... so far the dealer principal has categorically said No to a courtesy car or a discounted price on the new car i have ordered, obviously this action has now left me with a really difficult decision, if i ask for my deposit back I'll lose the new car that's due in late July/August. If i re order from another dealership the earliest the car would arrive will be September/October. I really don't wan't to hand over my money to Barloworld Bayside but on the other hand i'm in dire need of a new car.

I have already made a complaint through VW Australia and i'm now in the process of making a complaint through the VACC. I'm not sure what else i can do.....or who else i can make a complaint too. ? To say i'm absolutely furious would be an understatement.

Anyway, If you're in Melboune and your're thinking of buying a new car, stick well clear or any Barloworld, especially the Bayside Moorabbin dealership.

Sea Biscuit

Hey guys......

I ordered and paid a deposit on a 118 TSI manual, metalic paint, sports pack, bluetooth with mats on the 18th of March for around $34,000

Hey, that is really bad news, sorry to hear it. Sounds like they don't want to know about the problem they've caused. That's terrible service.

Was thinking that the spec you're after should be quite readily available, perhaps minus the bluetooth. If you can live without bluetooth, then I'm sure you could find a different dealer with a car in stock. I'm pretty sure they'd at least match the price you agreed on your original order.

Keep us posted.

saveferris

Hey, that is really bad news, sorry to hear it. Sounds like they don't want to know about the problem they've caused. That's terrible service.

Was thinking that the spec you're after should be quite readily available, perhaps minus the bluetooth. If you can live without bluetooth, then I'm sure you could find a different dealer with a car in stock. I'm pretty sure they'd at least match the price you agreed on your original order.

Keep us posted.

Thanks mate, I have already looked around for the same spec car, there is absolutely nothing ........In regards to blue tooth that's dealer fitted. The quickest time i was quoted for a new order was sometime in October/November.

I spoke to the dealer principal again yesterday, he at least moved in his stance and offered me an old sh*t box type car, I told him for my line of work i need something at least presentable such as an old Golf, when i asked what type of car would be presented to me, firstly he wouldn't tell me, secondly he wouldn't find out for me and thirdly he tried to rail road me and demanded an agreement. I'll tell you what Barloworld Bayside has the worst customer service skill set i have ever experienced.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks mate, I have already looked around for the same spec car, there is absolutely nothing ........In regards to blue tooth that's dealer fitted. The quickest time i was quoted for a new order was sometime in October/November.

I spoke to the dealer principal again yesterday, he at least moved in his stance and offered me an old sh*t box type car, I told him for my line of work i need something at least presentable such as an old Golf, when i asked what type of car would be presented to me, firstly he wouldn't tell me, secondly he wouldn't find out for me and thirdly he tried to rail road me and demanded an agreement. I'll tell you what Barloworld Bayside has the worst customer service skill set i have ever experienced.

If I were you I would get my deposit back and then contact another dealer and place my order. Your time frame for getting your car would be the same.
If your present dealer wont work with you now how will you be treated if you have an issue with the new car? Best of luck.