GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how to access dv with awe relocation kit?

Halvie

WOOSA
k04 kit has the dv relocation kit. Not sure how to access the dv. Does the car need to be on a lift/stands, or can I get to it by just popping the hood?

Any walk throughs, or guides? Can't seem to find anything by searching.

Thanks

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I just put on the Forge DV spacer, earlier today. It's definitely easiest to do while on a lift. There are three, 5mm allen-head bolts to remove.

As for the relocation kit, I can't help you with that...just the eaxtra ease of access the lift will give you over jacks/stands/really strong person lifting the car up. :D

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
I could be wrong but it looks like it's high up enough to access w/o lifting the car?

Halvie

WOOSA
I could be wrong but it looks like it's high up enough to access w/o lifting the car?

Sounds dumb I know, but I don't get how you get to it. I was just wondering what revision dv I had, so I went to take a look (G btw). It is pretty close to the top of the engine, but no idea how anyone would get there hands by the screws to get it off.

Do you have to go at it from a wheel well or something?

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
I honestly have no clue either, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to help. Interested to learn about this as well.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Sounds dumb I know, but I don't get how you get to it. I was just wondering what revision dv I had, so I went to take a look (G btw). It is pretty close to the top of the engine, but no idea how anyone would get there hands by the screws to get it off.

Do you have to go at it from a wheel well or something?

That pic is of the DV relo kit, AFTER it's relocated.

The DV is on the bottom, back left (looking AT the car, from in front of the engine). Easier to access from underneath, using a lift.

Once it's relocated, it's near the top of the engine....thus the reasoning behind relocation in the first place.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Oh, to me it sounded like, though he has the kit...he had no idea how to access the DV in the first place. (Like he was trying to figure out how to move it himself.) My bad, I see what you're saying now.

</self face-palm>