GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scirocco 2.0 TDI 140hp remapped to 188hp. DPF question

SciroccoPT

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey fellas,

I have recently remapped my 2012 Scirocco 2.0 TDI from 140hp to 188hp. I lowered the consumption from 6.2l/100km to 5.1l/100km. It's amazing now. Does 0-100km/h in 7 seconds, more or less. It's good for a 2.0 TDI. :) Although, there is a huge problem. I didn't remove DPF. Yesterday, I was going strong with it, doing 200km/h for a few minutes. Then I arrived home and DPF was regenerating. Smelled something burning... I went to highway again but slowly for 15 minutes and then arrived home, no more regen and no more burning smell.
After this episode, I said to myself... "You (DPF) will be out this month." :thumbup:

But I have some questions. Since it's already remapped, how many hp will removing DPF increase? I will use a downpipe or open DPF, remove filter and put a pipe in there. It will look like it has DPF, but it doesn't ehehe I know it will help turbo and engine to breathe a little more. But listen, for example people that deletes muffler, generally top speed decreases a lot. Will it happen the same if I delete DPF, even though HP might increase a little bit?

Have a good weekend!
Kind regards,
Ruben