GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 Certified Wolfsburg (real price)?

Tuppery_Numnak

Passed Driver's Ed
First timer here, I will be joining this great community hopefully very soon. Been shopping for Certified 2013 or 14 Wolfy or thinking about a brand new one. Dealer near me offered a brand new 14 for $25,2xx. Truecar is telling me that's a fair rate. I've looked all over the forum and have seen some stories of 24k out the door (including taxes/fees?). My dealer also has a 14 Wolfsburg with 5k miles, certified with a 2 year/24,000 coverage. They are asking $26,000. What would honestly be a good price for that? Considering I have the paperwork for the NEW 2014 lower than that price, no way I would even think about $26k for a CPO. I'm really thinking maybe around 21k for it?

I just lost out on a 13 CPO Wolfsburg with 8k miles. Dealer offered it to me for $21,900 and I said to draw up the paperwork, then no more than an hour later he said it was sold to someone else.

I was planning on leasing at first but know I'm going to want to drive this thing a ton. It's unbelievably fun.

Any insight or advice is appreciated.
Thanks all!

Last edited:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
That's what I paid for my 14 Wolf early November last year. Price isn't going to budge just yet until The MK7s hit.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you may be better off looking at a new one still on the lot. Some have gotten anywhere from $4-5K off sticker.

Tuppery_Numnak

Passed Driver's Ed
That's what I paid for my 14 Wolf early November last year. Price isn't going to budge just yet until The MK7s hit.

Yeah, you might be right. I did bring that up that the 15 will be coming soon and of course they tried to make it seem like they won't be getting them until late 2014/early 15.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, you might be right. I did bring that up that the 15 will be coming soon and of course they tried to make it seem like they won't be getting them until late 2014/early 15.

Same here. I tried using that card as well. They won't care yet since they don't have any exact information on when and what they're getting. That seems to be the consensus.

Anyone know if I can get a DE for the $25k range (new)?

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
It's hard man I'm gonna grab a 13 dsg DE for 26,900 it's certified and has 6k miles on it. I went back and fourth with the dealer . They have a new 14 de dsg for 28,900 with the true car price . Their gonna give me 14,500 for my speed3 which will give me 1,100 pos equity towards the DE. So it will be 25,800 before TTL . Not bad but not the best deal. It's hard to find a DE for a good price in Philly and the burbs . Cheapest one I saw was for 27,520 in Baltimore md.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't that kind of bother you that the prices of these cars will dump in a month or two?

Buying a car in general isn't an investment tho, the price will dump on any car brand new. I would just get the best deal that I can at the moment drive the car enjoy it and don't look back

MachineAge

Bought my brand new '14 Wolfsburg GTI in Candy White w/DSG for $23,200 including destination charge in mid February. Downtown LA Motors, Gina Plescia in internet sales.

I researched the lowest possible price, then dropped it another $1000, then emailed that offer to five dealers saying I'd buy it from the first one who said yes. DTLA Motors was the first to say yes.

jdgamble

I just got a 14 Wolfsburg manual for about $3K off MSRP (so a little over $23K). I had lower offers (around $22.5K), but stuck with the local dealer. It's a good time to buy a new 14. I wouldn't buy a CPO for more than new... You have no idea how the car was treated. Warranty < uncertainty for me.

That said, if you can wait for the 15, the 14's should get cheaper. Or you could get the fresh new version.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I just got a 14 Wolfsburg manual for about $3K off MSRP (so a little over $23K). I had lower offers (around $22.5K), but stuck with the local dealer. It's a good time to buy a new 14. I wouldn't buy a CPO for more than new... You have no idea how the car was treated. Warranty < uncertainty for me.

That said, if you can wait for the 15, the 14's should get cheaper. Or you could get the fresh new version.
Its so tough to wait!

About 22-24k is what I have been seeing for new Wolfsburgs. There is 2k Dealer cash on them right now.
On all GTIs?

drew8mc

Passed Driver's Ed
One month ago I got a certified 13 with 11 k for 23,600. They also had a 13 with 4 k that was not certified they quoted us 21,500. I was trying to convince my wife the non certified was the better deal but she really wanted a sunroof. In my mind, if you are going to buy instead of lease, buy one a year old and let someone else pay the first year depreciation.