GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight Swap Question Volume 2 - Need Some Help!

OldSkoolNJ

Ready to race!
Ok some of you may have seen a post from me recently regarding swapping headlights. The quick and short of it is I got into an accident where both headlights where toast. I had a 2010 with BiXenons. I was able to ask them to put the newer model headlights in with the LED DRLs. I had asked on here if there were any problems anyone knew of. Not to much info was shared as it seems no one here has done that upgrade (understandable). Well the car is back and looks amazing and the headlights are in. Everything works except ..... No DRLs and instead a light out warning for them. Headlights and turn signals all work beautifully (so I am legal for now and could take the car home). However I need to get the LEDs as DRLs. I have access to a friend with VAG. However we can not find out what to change. Is there anyone who by chance knows what to change. Or we are looking for someone with the LED DRLs and VAG that can go in and look at your coding and share with us what it is so we can give that a go. Thanks much in advance!

Kevin :23:

Attachments

• IMG_2584 (2).jpg
    IMG_2584 (2).jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 129

2014GTI

Ready to race!
Ok some of you may have seen a post from me recently regarding swapping headlights. The quick and short of it is I got into an accident where both headlights where toast. I had a 2010 with BiXenons. I was able to ask them to put the newer model headlights in with the LED DRLs. I had asked on here if there were any problems anyone knew of. Not to much info was shared as it seems no one here has done that upgrade (understandable). Well the car is back and looks amazing and the headlights are in. Everything works except ..... No DRLs and instead a light out warning for them. Headlights and turn signals all work beautifully (so I am legal for now and could take the car home). However I need to get the LEDs as DRLs. I have access to a friend with VAG. However we can not find out what to change. Is there anyone who by chance knows what to change. Or we are looking for someone with the LED DRLs and VAG that can go in and look at your coding and share with us what it is so we can give that a go. Thanks much in advance!

Kevin :23:

your looking for
BYTE 27:
Check BIT 2
LED-Daytime Running Light (DRL) Module for ParkingPosition Light & Daytime Running Light(DRL)

All Highline ECM's will have it and some Newer software version Midline ECM's if you have an older midline you will be missing this setting. you can find more on this page for other settings. http://volksurf.blogspot.com/2011/09/bi-xenon-led-retrofit-diy.html If you still have issues a wiring change could be needed.

OldSkoolNJ

Ready to race!
your looking for
BYTE 27:
Check BIT 2
LED-Daytime Running Light (DRL) Module for ParkingPosition Light & Daytime Running Light(DRL)

All Highline ECM's will have it and some Newer software version Midline ECM's if you have an older midline you will be missing this setting. you can find more on this page for other settings. http://volksurf.blogspot.com/2011/09/bi-xenon-led-retrofit-diy.html If you still have issues a wiring change could be needed.

Thank you! You have been the most helpful of all. It turns out I was an idiot earlier because I was in a rush. My DRLs work fine (well as they did beforehand. I never took the brake off so of course my DRLs were off) The bulb out warnings I am getting seem to be for the now missing "City Lights". So I am hoping what you are telling me will switch the DRLs from the HIDs to the LEDs. I definitely have the HighLine CECM. I checked that already. My buddy is a wiz with VAG so we will try this out. Thanks again!

Kevin

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Do you happen to have to coding for your lights? I am going to be putting LED Xenons on my 2011 with non LED Xenons.