GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership sends me a new bill??

Apex2Apex

Passed Driver's Ed
There was a math error made.

Just pay the $170.

It isn't worth fighting or laying dormant till they send it to a collection agency.

Vermilion

Ready to race!
Damn, some of you give in too easily. Why don't you just send me $170 because I say so?

Apex2Apex

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn, some of you give in too easily. Why don't you just send me $170 because I say so?

There was a math error made that the OP confirmed. :rolleyes:

Normally the dealership and finance companies have language in their contract that allow for the collection of funds if a mistake is made.

Have you ever read the contracts that they make you sign? I have been in the finance business for 10 years and normally their docs are pretty airtight.

I would just pay the $170 he rightfully owes and move on down the road.

If it was a calculation error then I would fight it... however this isn't that.

P

plac

if it was $500, then maybe you have a point.

pay the damn taxes, cuz you are supposed to. its not their fault you signed on the contract for extra etching you didnt want.

the415sessions

Passed Driver's Ed
I would say fight it but its up to you how much you think 170 dollars is worth...it is not your fault that they can't use a computer right to calculate the correct tax. You signed the doc's with the price that they came up with and you were ok with paying. It is worth spending some energy on and giving the sales manager/VW a piece of your mind.....if you don't let VW/ the dealership know how do you expect them to improve?

PoorHumble

Ready to race!
There was a math error made that the OP confirmed. :rolleyes:

Normally the dealership and finance companies have language in their contract that allow for the collection of funds if a mistake is made.

You're absolutely right.

You signed the doc's with the price that they came up with and you were ok with paying.

You're right also. They printed a price that I signed on. There is always the possibility that I might have walked away from the deal if the price was 170 more on the printed contract.

In the end, 170 won't make me or break me. I'll wire them the payment and move on. However, I will write a lengthy complaint to VWOA and blast this dealership on dealerrater, yelp, etc. :thumbdown:

N.G.S.

Ready to race!
If you have had nothing but a shitty experience with this dealership why hurry in sending them the payment? Let them spin their wheels for a couple of weeks with you. You have no intent of ever going back there do you? Remember --- Suffering builds character and it looks like they lack character doesn't it. When you finally send your payment make sure they realize that they would have been paid sooner if they weren't such douchebags in the first place.

PoorHumble

Ready to race!
If you have had nothing but a shitty experience with this dealership why hurry in sending them the payment? Let them spin their wheels for a couple of weeks with you. You have no intent of ever going back there do you? Remember --- Suffering builds character and it looks like they lack character doesn't it. When you finally send your payment make sure they realize that they would have been paid sooner if they weren't such douchebags in the first place.

As much as I'd love to "stick it to'em", I highly doubt 170 is going to cause any kind of stress to them. Seriously.

N.G.S.

Ready to race!
As much as I'd love to "stick it to'em", I highly doubt 170 is going to cause any kind of stress to them. Seriously.

It's not going to cause any monetary stress but it will create a headache for them as they will have to keep track of it and find a way to collect it from you. Once you pay it their work is done. As long as it's on the books they have to keep working on it to get it resolved. Someone will be on the salesman's ass as well as the finance guy for effing this up. Let them deal with the grief for a couple of months.

If they fed you the bullshit about the window etching being too late and you had to pay for it remind them now about it. Tell them that it was purely bs as they only pay peanuts for the window etching kits. Last time I checked it was like $10 bucks and it takes their guys minutes to do. Every car I have purchased with window etching already on it the dealer has had to eat it. The window etching bs shows that they are true scum. Give them hell, make them bust their ass to collect the $.