GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help

IcemanMissile1083

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi I'm new to the forum. Hello everyone I'm currently in the market for a GTI. I have seen a listing for a 2012 MKVI Autobahn GTI with 8k miles at a price of $26K Is that a good deal? Anything to look out for?

Last edited:

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I think it is too much, you should be able to buy a new 2012, same equip for that maybe even 2013

Boomers

Ready to race!
I paid a little more than that for a brand new full load 2012 a couple of months ago. I'm in Canada where we pay too much for everything so yeah I would say 26k or a used in the US is a bit high.

IcemanMissile1083

Passed Driver's Ed
I paid a little more than that for a brand new full load 2012 a couple of months ago. I'm in Canada where we pay too much for everything so yeah I would say 26k or a used in the US is a bit high.
Where is the best place to look, I have only been looking at dealerships, and what is the best way to talk down the dealership?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
that's $3k too pricey. I paid $23.5 for my autobahn @ 10k. It was one year old at the time (2011).

TheCreekyDoor

You think thats alot, in the UK a new GTI is almost 30,000 gbp! Thats like $40,000

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
You think thats alot, in the UK a new GTI is almost 30,000 gbp! Thats like $40,000

That's $46,750
In Ireland base five door DSG is equiv $53k. Then when you add the equiv options to get same as my car with conv sunroof and years road tax it's almost $64k - versus $29.8k here.
They are very cheap here in US, as is fuel.

TheCreekyDoor

That's $46,750
In Ireland base five door DSG is equiv $53k. Then when you add the equiv options to get same as my car with conv sunroof and years road tax it's almost $64k - versus $29.8k here.
They are very cheap here in US, as is fuel.

I know they're cheap in the US, jealous of the petrol prices you guys pay. We pay 1.35gbp per litre, thats close to $6/7 to the gallon? ish? If i lived in America I'd of been able to afford a GTI, but being 19 ad living in the UK its pretty much an impossibility :(

XZT123

Ready to race!
Hey I dunno if the OP is here still.. but I bought my Autobahn GTI (2011 with 12k miles) last year for about 24.5k - 25k (cash) which I think was a good price. At 26k I would say there is room to negotiate, but it is a newer model and has less miles. Still not a terrible price..

Searching cars.com is smart that's what I would do.