GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

roll racing is like the special Olympics

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
*** this is my humble opinion, not intending to get anyone's panties in a twist***

but whatever happened to real drag races? enough of these roll races already. no one cares that you can beat a car from a roll when you would lose in a proper race. fwd cars ARE fast and fun to drag race with, people have been making them fast for a long time now and we as a community should be following suit.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
100% completely agree. I only do dig racing in my little golf gti. Yea there's the traction issue but with some good tires and a nice launch you'll have a blast. Surprises me every time too

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
@jay745 I think straight line racing has it's place. like arm wrestling, it's cool, but mma is way more interesting.

it's fun to line up against something that should technically be faster than you, and then beat it.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Ive done about 3 roll races my entire life. I even think theyre posted on this website. After that I just couldn't see the fun in it.

I did however drag race last night from stoplight to stoplight like some oldschool FNF movies. I also lost to the 370Z :(

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Ive done about 3 roll races my entire life. I even think theyre posted on this website. After that I just couldn't see the fun in it.

I did however drag race last night from stoplight to stoplight like some oldschool FNF movies. I also lost to the 370Z :(

I've beaten a Nismo 370 from a dig ;)

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
It minimizes the driver and you get to see how two different cars compare, rather than someone's ability to get it moving from a stop. But with launch control and DSG it isn't like racing from a standing stop really takes any skill either.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I totally get that, but I definitely prefer roll's only because it's less hard on my car. From a dig is definitely the superior race though, definitely takes more skill. I do more dig races in my truck than my car, because it has virtually no spin, so I can mash the gas and just roll hard. #ZeroSkill

blackgold

Ready to race!
First post! I can see both sides of this. I used to have an 86 GTi with a VR swap and a vortech V1 supercharger and Tec3 stand alone. You could take off from a stop and end up in 5th gear barely moving bouncing off the rev limiter rolling smoke.. Very hard car to launch with. On the other hand, from a roll, that thing was a beast. It embarrassed a lot of cars who thought they were trolling a lil VW. My second SC'd VR wasn't nearly as ballsy as that one and was an easier launch car but still had to really be gentle on a launch. I think my first 1/4 run with it was like 17something because I was roasting tires through 3rd. Fun times. I am still getting used to my mk6 but if I didn't just like the feel of driving stick I'd bet the DSG was more efficient. Seems to need to shift so fast in the lower gears.

Brian