GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anyone produce an aftermarket waterpump?

Pre95

Passed Driver's Ed
Wondering if anyone produces one that doesn't regularly fail or if there is a custom solution.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Wondering if anyone produces one that doesn't regularly fail or if there is a custom solution.
The OEM revision is supposed to correct the issue. Often if revisions fail it's due to technician error/hurried install. The Humble mechanic has a good YouTube video on why that may be. I'm at 56k on my 2nd pump 86k on whole car.

But to answer your question I haven't heard of an aftermarket pump.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The latest revision genuine pump will be your best option, there probably are aftermarket ones available but I doubt the quality is any good and as stated it’s usually poor install that causes these to fail, I have recently had a new pump fitted as there was a small leak on the old one but it actually turns out the old pump was fine and it was just the seal that had become hard and wasn’t up to the job any more, that was the original factory fitted pump at approximately 100,000miles, I could have just changed the seal but fitted the new pump anyway seeing I had removed the old one already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriggenT1

Banned
The latest revision genuine pump will be your best option, there probably are aftermarket ones available but I doubt the quality is any good and as stated it’s usually poor install that causes these to fail, I have recently had a new pump fitted as there was a small leak on the old one but it actually turns out the old pump was fine and it was just the seal that had become hard and wasn’t up to the job any more, that was the original factory fitted pump at approximately 100,000miles, I could have just changed the seal but fitted the new pump anyway seeing I had removed the old one already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good friggen deal there

zrickety

The Fixer
I've had 2 of these cars over 100k on original pumps...the first one was a bad thermostat, didn't even leak but I replaced the whole pump myself with no issue. 2nd car has 142k and still the original pump. These guys are right, install is everything. Do it right and the pump is fine.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
You should really never go aftermarket when it comes to crucial components like water pumps.