GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best battery for the money?

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I have no experience with battery's honestly because none of my last 5 cars have gone passed 12k miles. Our 2012 accord however has some issues here and there where the car turns over slowly, but has taken 10 or 15 seconds to actually start. I'm going it's the stock battery but it seems like it hasn't lasted very long. Car has 44k on it now...optima red top? Something else?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
http://etx16l.com/

I've been using one of these for about 2 years now. Has never let me down. Starts a little slow when its 0 degrees out, but besides that it's perfect. And I lost like 25 pounds off the front of the car.

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
Try to recharge the battery before buying a new one. It maybe the alternator failing. Some places like Auto Zone can test and recharge your battery for free. If it's doing the same issues, like taking too long to start, right after charging it, then its the alternator. if not, then yeah your battery is dead.

Check for any drains too.

Optima Red Top or Super Start Platinum (bigger capacity) are great choices for your accord. (if its an I4)

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
http://etx16l.com/

I've been using one of these for about 2 years now. Has never let me down. Starts a little slow when its 0 degrees out, but besides that it's perfect. And I lost like 25 pounds off the front of the car.

+1
5 months on mine and so far so good :thumbup:

2 years? That's awesome and great to know!

///Audience

Ready to race!
As someone who is a dealer for Interstate (optima), XS power, and Stinger batteries, I can tell you the best bang for the buck battery on the market is the Diehard Platinum. These are available at Sears and can be found pretty cheap for how awesome they are.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion

FYI, back in the day (~10 years ago) the OEM batteries were interstate.

Also, believe it or not, THE DEALER had the best price i found. This was for my mk4 TDI

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
As someone who is a dealer for Interstate (optima), XS power, and Stinger batteries, I can tell you the best bang for the buck battery on the market is the Diehard Platinum. These are available at Sears and can be found pretty cheap for how awesome they are.

That

WAP

Go Kart Champion
This^
Got mine since 09 and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEM. Still have the original battery in my car with a build date of Oct 2010.

This. Still on my original battery and my build date is 8/10.

I kept my Mk4 OEM battery for 7 years and it was still cranking fine when I replaced it, but I just thought it was time.

I've also had luck in the (distant) past with Diehard, too.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
OP, don't expect the longevity some of these posters are claiming....you live in Maryland, where the balls hot weather ruins the battery and the balls cold weather reveals the weakness. Just get one with a good warranty. Honestly, in Maryland if you get three or four years out of a battery you're doing good, and most batteries roll at least a 36 mo. warranty.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

OEM is the way to go and apparently the dealer sells them at a price lower than aftermarket brands which is shocking. My 2010 Tiguan is using the original oem battery and hasn't skipped a beat...was actually tested about a month ago and is perfectly fine