GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

210 hp?

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
To be honest for me I would rather have the newest of the mkV engines because mods are already available and proven (IE; APR's stg3). New engine means you gotta wait awhile for some one to build new stuff and wait some more on testing. And even if we did get this 210hp euro version engine it would still loss power when we fill it with 91 octane.

For me if it's not the newest A4 engine or the S3 engine I really don't care and would rather not pay more if I don't have to.

I would bet to that most of the people on this forum are going to be chipping so it kinda doesn't really matter.

If you look in the wiki for VW engines you get a list of all. If you note the TSI engine section notes it's for the mk6 and below that is the A4 engine. Scroll above that and you get the TFSI which was stopped state side in the middle of the 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_petrol_engines

If you keep digging you can probably find a lot more answers but it still doesn't change what's coming to us to buy.

CoccoBill

Ready to race!
I've always found the low octane US gas peculiar. Over here the "regular" is 95, "premium" is 98. Both are available everywhere.

Also, just adding higher octane fuel doesn't usually give any kind of gains, the engines are optimized for a certain combustion ratio.

greg1420

This is the second stage engine we will Not be getting (to the best of my knowledge)
"The TSI that is used in the sixth GTI is a product of the second development stage of these highly agile engines. Compared to the first "EA888" development stage, this engine – optimized for transverse mounting in the new GTI – has new components such as modified pistons and piston rings, a regulated oil pump, a new vacuum pump, a new high-pressure fuel pump and a new mass airflow sensor. When used in the most powerful Golf today, the engine fulfills limits of the Euro-5 emissions standard"

zee

Go Kart Champion
This is the second stage engine we will Not be getting (to the best of my knowledge)
"The TSI that is used in the sixth GTI is a product of the second development stage of these highly agile engines. Compared to the first "EA888" development stage, this engine – optimized for transverse mounting in the new GTI – has new components such as modified pistons and piston rings, a regulated oil pump, a new vacuum pump, a new high-pressure fuel pump and a new mass airflow sensor. When used in the most powerful Golf today, the engine fulfills limits of the Euro-5 emissions standard"

Try again...:thumbdown:

That is a quote from the Press Release of VW Germany who is receiving the engine for the first time in the GTI. The first development EA888 was in the Audi A4, Audi A5 and Audi Q5 and were for Longitudinal mounting. The second generation which adopted transverse mounting with all the changes in your quote above appeared 2008.5 and higher North American MKV GTIs and European Scirocco compared to the VW TFSI.
If you read the press release again, you will notice they talk about other engines in the MarkV, but not the 2.0TSI because it is thesame engine.

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
European Car said:
The Euro-spec GTI is equipped with a second-generation 2.0 TFSI engine with 210 hp and 207 lb-ft of torque. New to the European market, this is the same power unit that appeared in the U.S.-spec Mk V in mid-2008 with 200 hp. (Where did the 10 hp go? Volkswagen of America rates the EA888 2.0 TSI on 91 octane; if you run 93 octane you'll get about 210 hp.)
:thumbsup:

European Car Mag review

Here is more info of the song which I have been singing.