GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low 'N Slow GTI

ReportDevin

APR says their tune needs an intake and downpipe, but I'm quite sure you only actually need the downpipe. I suppose you wouldn't make the full power, but from what I have read it doesn't matter if you run Stage 2 on just a downpipe. I would look into it more before pulling the trigger to be safe. You could always just continue with your original plan.

In the end money shouldn't be the whole deciding factor. If you like Billy Boat more I would go with them. You spend the money once, but drive the car daily. Might as well get something you personally enjoy right? :)

Anytime!

Yeah I talked with APR today and they confirmed that you need an intake to go Stage 2. Also talking with a local tuner to get a quote for Stage 1+.

I'm very indecisive so it'll be a while before I finally decide on what to get. In the meantime I need to get my other car sold and fill up my car parts fund.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Yeah I talked with APR today and they confirmed that you need an intake to go Stage 2. Also talking with a local tuner to get a quote for Stage 1+.

I'm very indecisive so it'll be a while before I finally decide on what to get. In the meantime I need to get my other car sold and fill up my car parts fund.

All good, maybe it was for older Stage 2 where people ran it without an intake. I actually started by doing a CBE and Stage 1+ on my car, and it really made a huge difference. The car felt like a whole new machine. I don't think you would be disappointed at all :D

At least being indecisive means you can do a lot more research!

ReportDevin

Well, little update. The build won't be starting for a while, at least the big stuff. I have an Eonon GA6153W coming in tomorrow and I'll get that installed, possibly get my subwoofers in friday (Need to get a new battery though. I had an XS Power in my old car and loved it, just don't want to cough up money for that just yet). Also getting the windows tinted to 35% Thursday.

Putting the build on hold until I start my new job. I'll be making much more money than I am right now and then I'll start throwing bills at my car. With the increase in cash flow I might save up for bags sooner than later.

ReportDevin

Windows tinted and new head unit installed. OBD2 Scanner coming in Monday so I can play around with Torque. Kinda want to get an intake, tune, wheels, CBE, and call it good for a while. But who knows what I'll end up doing.

ReportDevin

Update

Just installed the Integrated Engineering Intake. Can't believe the sound difference it makes. Also coming in the mail are some H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Dark Cherry Tails, and a NewSouth boost gauge.

Soon I'll be getting a downpipe and a tune. After that will come a CBE, wheels, maybe some plastidip, body modifications etc.

Also I have a question: Has anyone shaved their front bumper to get rid of license plate holes? Considering doing this because I have like 5 holes in mine and don't want to have a bunch of plugs on the front of my car.