GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turning key off but leaving radio on- RNS-315

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I was wondering if there was a way to leave the radio until you physically remove the key from the ignition (or even open the door?) as opposed to when you switch off the engine..

I've read that you can use Vag-Com to change the cluster to ROW, but doesn't seem to work and is not advised as it can adversely affect other settings.

Does the RNS-315 have a trigger wire I could tap into? I know I'm spit-balling here, but maybe find a trigger wire that's attached to the key or door?

Anyone else run into or looked into this?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
You could always just press the power button again. You can turn the radio on without the key in, and it'll run for 10-15 minutes before it shuts off.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
You could always just press the power button again. You can turn the radio on without the key in, and it'll run for 10-15 minutes before it shuts off.

But for some reason it won't connect to Bluetooth with the ignition off, which is strange as my RNS-315 has integrated Bluetooth.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mojoooo0

Passed Driver's Ed
After turning off the car with RCD510, BT will start working after a min or so but it does disconnect when i turn off the car initially.

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck. I'd like the same functionality but with the KESSY keyless system. It drives me crazy that I can't kill the engine without shutting off the radio as well.

I read a long thread on another forum about this and it had no resolution.