GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 4d CW 6Spd build

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Have you thought about a gloss black wrap on your roof? I think it would flow great with the blacked out frontend and mirrors.
I have actually. I wouldn't mind the protection either. My only concern is the added heat...granted its the Pac Nor West so its nothing like SoCal where I'm from. I wonder how much it costs. Im kicking myself for not getting the lower honey comb and tri pointy things painted gloss black.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I have actually. I wouldn't mind the protection either. My only concern is the added heat...granted its the Pac Nor West so its nothing like SoCal where I'm from. I wonder how much it costs. Im kicking myself for not getting the lower honey comb and tri pointy things painted gloss black.

I'm in FL. 90* and 100% humidity all Spring/Summer/Fall and tons of cars have wrapped black roofs. As long as your installer used a quality vinyl, you should be good. They wrap entire cars without issue, so I doubt your roof will be. I know locally here, it's like $200-250 from the best shop in the area for just a roof.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie

High desert and my whole car is wrapped. It is over 100 degrees and often over 110 for three-four months. So far no issues. Good installer and 3m or avery wrap and youll be fine.

Especially if its just one panel like the roof with no joining seams... too easy

skotcoop

Ready to race!
High desert and my whole car is wrapped. It is over 100 degrees and often over 110 for three-four months. So far no issues. Good installer and 3m or avery wrap and youll be fine.

Especially if its just one panel like the roof with no joining seams... too easy
Im gonna do it! When I get a chance lol

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Just got quoted $475 for the roof alone which includes antennae removal and install and all necessary washing and prep. Another $125 to do the area on the spoiler. They do use the best materials and do really good work. I think I would rather put that money toward coilovers or wheels. What do you guys think? Here's their site http://northwestautosalon.com/

Last edited:

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Updated pictures! After isntalling OEM LED tinted tails. And other various angles. Enjoy.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Shot taken in late February with the winter wheel's/tires. Heading offroad to a trailhead several miles deep.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
This picture is freaking rad
Thanks! So was the drive, and the hike!

Here's what I hiked to and enjoyed all by myself. Hiking through 6" of fresh powder was incredible. One of the most fun hikes I've done.