GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

16inch steelies with slicks?

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
I want to know if i can buy slicks for my 16inch steelies? Also what size and brand to get. I want to go to the quarter mile i have a mk6 gti k04 with lsd. Iv never been down the quarter mile and i dont care that i cant use slicks on the street. i dont plan on racing there anyway. Can i put slicks on my 2 steelies? my suspension is completely stock. I refuse to lower my car due to nj pot holes. Are they worth it? Or should i just get summer tires?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Steelies should are fine, the MK5 Rabbits running 14 sec quarter miles actually use 15inch steelies and they are only 5.5 inches in width. With K04 the Slicks will help a lot, use low pressures for quarter mile runs you actually want a narrower than wide contact patch.

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
Tell us what your mods to the car are to be able to better help. If your mounts are still stock, the wheel hop you get from slicks is going to be insane.

I have apr k04 turbo,apr downpipe, apr k04 93 tune, apr stage 1&2 intake, R8coils, s3 intercooler,turbo outlet pipe , RSR diy clutch kit,steel fork shift links, and Lsd.

Last edited: