GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LSD difference?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Very much this. I'm not even that deep into mods, but with 136k miles, I'm now of the mindset that I'll own this car for a very very long time, even if it stops being my daily driver at some point in the future. That way I don't even think about cost recovery, since I'm not expecting to sell the car in the foreseeable future.

Yeah this is where I'm at. I have a car that's in excellent condition with a lot of miles that isn't worth much because of the odometer reading. May as well have fun and throw more money at it. It's not like buying a new car doesn't immediately cost thousands in instant depreciation anyway, and I still really like this car so.... let's keep it until I get tagged by a sleeping driver at an intersection.

tsmack

Ready to race!
at the same time ,is it neccesary to upgrade dsg clutch pack while i install the lsd ? or oem clutchpack is ok to perform

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I looked into this myself when I did my LSD and from my research there is really no need to change stock clutch packs. In fact, I read more problems changing them out than leaving in or replacing with stock when necessary to replace. The biggest culprit for these trannies seems to be overheating, so if you track the car or really push it hard for periods of time, the addition of a tranny cooler is the best mod over clutch packs. Heat can kill the mech unit and that tends to give and cause issues before the clutch packs failing.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
at the same time ,is it neccesary to upgrade dsg clutch pack while i install the lsd ? or oem clutchpack is ok to perform

Stock dog clutches are fine, folks have used them in 500hp builds. I put in a fresh set of stock clutches when I installed the lsd. Since I track my car and am building a 500whp motor I also added a trans cooling system.

drift_boy

Passed Driver's Ed
Stock dog clutches are fine, folks have used them in 500hp builds. I put in a fresh set of stock clutches when I installed the lsd. Since I track my car and am building a 500whp motor I also added a trans cooling system.

Yeah fellows, i was also thinking the same if i should install/upgrade/change my current stock DSG clutch packs to stock(fresh) or aftermarket ones like dodson SSP since my mileage is high and has never changed one before since day owning of the car. And i do ave a hybrid ko4 with a stg 3 tune without DSG tune.

Than again any thought on DSG tunes?

DSG coolers i feel is a need as well to cool the mech which is costly to replace hahah. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

henryjye

Ready to race!
i have dsg stage 2 tune from revo
and dsg cooler ,it feels better during 1st but not something which would make u feel wow

henryjye

Ready to race!
The LSD will completely change how your car drives and handles for the better. Pulling out of a corner is drastically different and feels sooooooo much better.

Heck, even with swapping AWD into my car I feel that the LSD makes a big enough difference to be a necessity.
wow awd swap ...
it cost a bomb but the all the fun

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
What do y'all replace when installing a LSD? Axle seals and what else? Going to be installing mine in the next couple of weeks.