GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Installed the unibrace RB over the weekend. Install was easy. Feels like it tightened things up a bit during turns. I haven't gotten a chance to do much hooning since it's been installed, just some normal driving.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Did an oil change and changed the rear rotors. Went with Stoptech slotted rotors. Surprisingly, the oem rotors weren't bad at all. 67k and about 15 track days. I've seen rotors with 50k of daily driving be worse than these. Kinda confused honestly.

man you and i have the same timeline for our builds i swear. I just picked up ECS' 2-piece rear rotors. Although my rears are trashed compared to what youre describing

jay745

man you and i have the same timeline for our builds i swear. I just picked up ECS' 2-piece rear rotors. Although my rears are trashed compared to what youre describing

I know, I've been following your build for a while and we both have a ton of time invested.

I am still pretty confused on how they weren't in bad shape. I've ran aggressive pads on the car since about 5k miles when I ditched the original oem pads.

jay745

Also ordered some other "stuff" Decided to change brake fluid to SRF for this season. I've been using RBF600 and it's ok, I do get some fade towards the end of sessions. Some others recommended changing, hope I have good success with it.

And in efforts to drive temps lower, I also got some water wetter that I will use. I'm draining the coolant and going to run a 70/30 mix + water wetter instead of 50/50.

Also bought some leds for my license plate. One side didn't work, guessing I have a short somewhere.

lacesoutvic

Passed Driver's Ed
Did an oil change and changed the rear rotors. Went with Stoptech slotted rotors. Surprisingly, the oem rotors weren't bad at all. 67k and about 15 track days. I've seen rotors with 50k of daily driving be worse than these. Kinda confused honestly.

i should have sold you mine ugh

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh you wanted to roll on 17s hey?

jay745

Alright spent some time in the garage the past few days. Installed KMD Tuning's new front control arm brace. Looks like a quality piece, and they include ARP bolts which are nice. The install was simple and initial thoughts are that I like it. Seemed to tighten up the steering input even more than it already was. Bracing is so cool.

Now the bad part...

After watching some youtube videos I decided to go out and buy a heat gun and borrow my friends fender roller and give it a shot. At the end of the day, I accomplished my goal of being able to run these wider tires at the track without rubbing. But good lord it isn't pretty at all :( Safe to say I have bacon fenders now. Pics refrained because it's embarrassing

riceburner

Autocross Champion
aww shit!! rear quarters messed up?? you can atleast replace your fronts..

i too bought the KMD brace; seemed like a good deal so went for it. haha