GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turning indicator chime not working

choubix

Hi,

Another problem in my Mk6 is that the turning indicators are now silent.

Anything else I could apart from changing the part? (how to find an or replacement? Any guide for that?)

Thanks!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The indicator chime is silent if another warning chime such as the parking brake warning is active, or lights on door open etc! of course you would hear the other chime if this was the case but it could be that the mute function is somehow remaining active although the other chimes are not sounding, just guessing though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choubix

The indicator chime is silent if another warning chime such as the parking brake warning is active, or lights on door open etc! of course you would hear the other chime if this was the case but it could be that the mute function is somehow remaining active although the other chimes are not sounding, just guessing though!

I didnt know there was a mute function!

I dont hear any other sound in the car. I drive without the parking brake on and with my doors closed though haha ;)

The only sound that work is the bip when I reverse to park the car.
Would you know where I can check were to unmute the sound? This could be software and note hardware after all...

Thanks!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I didnt know there was a mute function!

I dont hear any other sound in the car. I drive without the parking brake on and with my doors closed though haha ;)

The only sound that work is the bip when I reverse to park the car.

Would you know where I can check were to unmute the sound? This could be software and note hardware after all...

Thanks!

I don't think you can mute and unmute the warning chime, what I mean is that the other chimes such as handbrake on while driving for instance takes precedence over the turn signal warning and "mutes" it while the other warning is active, for some reason it may just have stayed "mute" or maybe the controller is just not getting the signal! It may be worth looking in instruments with VCDS to see if there is indeed a setting or adaptation.