GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disable Bluetooth Phone Music Auto-Play?

blaney372

When my Blackberry Z30 (paid for by work otherwise I wouldn't touch this POS with a 30 foot pole) connects via bluetooth to my Golf, it automatically opens the music app and starts playing thru bluetooth. If I'm listening to satellite radio or my iPod though I don't hear the music.

I've got VCDS and wondering if there's a way to disable this from happening?

I use the bluetooth for phone calls only normally so I've seen there is an option to disable bluetooth for the music end of things? Might try that.

relic1

Passed Driver's Ed
which radio do you have?

most VW radios have a menu item to turn off auto-play on connect. No VCDS required.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Was there an update on this? I'm looking through my radio options and I'm not seeing an option to disable auto play.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Blackberry's software might have a setting to auto-play once newly connected to a device. See if the music app has some settings with respect to that.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Dis. My 2012 has the option in the Bluetooth settings menu.

Yeah. I've been reading through the threads and apparently there is an option. But I've been looking for it with no success. I go to Media -> Bluetooth -> Setup, and there are no options there. From Setup -> Sound or System, no options there.

I'll check again.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Your guys bluetooth auto-plays.

My stuff doesnt play for crap. I have to hit the song and then sometime pause it and then press play again for the radio to recognize that bluetooth music is playing..

My phone side works flawlessly... So i just bought a AUX cord and issues solved for music playing.(Not that it helps you OP)

Gfish311

Passed Driver's Ed
my radio has the auto-play option. it's unselected, but still music/podcast auto-play when it connects. haven't found any similar settings on my phone.

st0w

Passed Driver's Ed
Your guys bluetooth auto-plays.

My stuff doesnt play for crap. I have to hit the song and then sometime pause it and then press play again for the radio to recognize that bluetooth music is playing..

Yep... I have the same issue. When my car starts up, it connects to my phone. Even if my phone is playing music at that time, it stops. I have to hit play again. And then press the BT button on the HU.

Sometimes it works.

Other times nothing happens, the HU doesn't beep to indicate switching to BT. So I switch the phone from 'VW PHONE' to speaker and then back - music never stops playing this time, and after re-connecting I'm able to press the BT button and it'll play as expected.

Super annoying.

I dug around in the menus yesterday and I didn't find the auto-play option either. Must have been added in 2012. :(

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like some of you need the update that was released in 2013 that fixed the mono sound issues and the automatic bluetooth playing.
The dealer does this update and can take a couple of hours.
It would help if you's said which radios you have. The update is for the RCD-510 AE and AF versions.

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
If you use PowerAmp on Android it has a Bluetooth auto-pause and auto-resume option for bluetooth.

I use it for my tablet.