GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 GTI vs Mazda 3

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
My cousin's friend is apparently asking for a challenge. :fighting0030: Will the GTI win? The 3 only makes 158hp and I should be able to lay down some consistent times with dsg launch. But yep both are stock he keeps on just telling me ohh I'll smoke ya. I just say iono. Will it be more fair if I race him with my MDX? (0-60 7.1)

What's it with kids these days and there constant need for speed. :thumbdown: What happened to just cruising?

ImmI

Ready to race!
This is a no brainer man...

Bino

Go Kart Champion
He has no chance. But when you do beat him he will have nothing to say but excuses.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Having just driven my friend's Mazda3, it would get obliterated by my GTI. I felt like I just kept waiting for the boost to hit. There's just not much torque to speak of, and even revving it to 5k it didn't seem to wake up. Felt slower than my previous Civic LX coupe (which, while def. no GTI, had decent pull for the little 1.8).

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Is this a serious question?

McQueen77

Banned
seriously? just be careful of that new skyactiv technology... could really give you a run for your money, as could their new skyactiv automatic slushfest that is, according to mazda, faster and more efficient than dual clutch gearboxes... mkay mazda... zoom zoom indeed. mazda still hasn't gotten the memo about putting a sport mode on their automatics.. kind of like the germans started doing, like, oh i don't know, over a decade ago.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
With your DSG, a Mazdaspeed 3 would even have it's work cut out. They'd have to nail all their shifts and get a good launch.

But the regular Mazda 3? :lol:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
With your DSG, a Mazdaspeed 3 would even have it's work cut out. They'd have to nail all their shifts and get a good launch.

But the regular Mazda 3? :lol:

I know at first I thought he had a speed 3 and I was thinking hmm he's gonna smoke me. But then I found out he had a "modified" mazda 3. I just chuckled on the inside but didn't wanna look cocky. But yea seeing how he's a friend of my cousins I guess I'll just save him some face in this case.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Both your MDX and GTi are faster.

dknguyenn

Ready to race!

Baldeagle

Ready to race!
You should slap his face just for thinking his car is comparable to yours. Oh, but that is only if he would take his head out of his ass.