GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Confusion with the new GTi

ZING

Ready to race!
I was about to order a new '09 GTi when I came across this forum. I read some posts claiming that production of the new '09 GTi has stopped and that a new generation GTi is coming out in 2010. Can someone clear this up for me? I don't want to buy a GTi and then in a year a new model will come out pushing the price of mine down.

The model I am talking about came out a month or so ago here, in Lebanon.

-ZING

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
from what the salesman told me is that there selling whatever they have in stock, and you cant order one. they are making room for the new models later this year

Whafrodamus1

Ready to race!
from what the salesman told me is that there selling whatever they have in stock, and you cant order one. they are making room for the new models later this year

Yep. I doubt they'll have a problem. I got my MKV in 06 and I rarely saw one, now they're everywhere!

ZING

Ready to race!
09 Gti = mkV
10 Gti = mkVI

Wait for the mkVI if you've got the cash

Thanks.

09 Gti = mkV= 39,000USD
10 Gti = mkVI= 43,000-50,000 USD

:mad0259: I am getting jealous of some of the prices I'm reading on this forum.

Found a used GTi Mk5 for 29,000USD. It's driven 6000km. My god, Price difference to side, does someone advice me NOT to buy a used GTi mk5?

Whafrodamus1

Ready to race!
Thanks.

09 Gti = mkV= 39,000USD
10 Gti = mkVI= 43,000-50,000 USD

:mad0259: I am getting jealous of some of the prices I'm reading on this forum.

Found a used GTi Mk5 for 29,000USD. It's driven 6000km. My god, Price difference to side, does someone advice me NOT to buy a used GTi mk5?

You can't really put the MKV or MKVI euro spec in terms of USD, that's just silly. The MKV in the US started at about $20,000 new over here, a loaded one wouldn't run you over 30. The MKVI is probably going to be the same.

A used MKV is probably going to run you about $15,000 on this side of the ocean.

I have a MKV and I love it. The MKVI is basically a way better MKV. Better materials and such, so I wouldn't see the justification in buying used MKV unless you're tight on cash.

ZING

Ready to race!
You can't really put the MKV or MKVI euro spec in terms of USD, that's just silly. The MKV in the US started at about $20,000 new over here, a loaded one wouldn't run you over 30. The MKVI is probably going to be the same.

A used MKV is probably going to run you about $15,000 on this side of the ocean.

I have a MKV and I love it. The MKVI is basically a way better MKV. Better materials and such, so I wouldn't see the justification in buying used MKV unless you're tight on cash.

The prices I put up there are the prices im facing in my country. A used mk5 GTi for roughly 30,000USD.

ZING

Ready to race!
Thats crazy! Take a vacation and import :p. Maybe buy two and sell one $$.

It is pretty crazy, yes. Have to cut off an arm and a leg to get a decent car in this country. For the price of 15,000USD, as you mentioned, you can't even afford a yaris here.

Whafrodamus1

Ready to race!
It is pretty crazy, yes. Have to cut off an arm and a leg to get a decent car in this country. For the price of 15,000USD, as you mentioned, you can't even afford a yaris here.

It's kind of crazy how the US is basically one big sale to the rest of the world in many cases. heh.