GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

no more are going to 2012 A3 quattro instead

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow... that was probably a total POS back then.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
^Ha ha! It beat the hell out of my dad's cutlas supreme lol. I thought I was the MAN driving his NEW Audi back then (primarily bc he wouldn't even let his own kids who were older than me drive it and not so much because I liked Audis or whatever)

Only click if you have been to a hawks game at old Chicago stadium...Audio only
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIWQaFwtXBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

...back when there was still skating in hockey

Last edited:

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
huh? I was agreeing with someone else on the A3, that it was numb/slower feeling stock. The R has 256hp in the US, btw. oh, yeah, I did mean to say TSI in that post, yes. Typo.

That was me.

If you believe that VW changed anything on the engine from the TTS, then yes, you are correct.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^Ha ha! It beat the hell out of my dad's cutlas supreme lol. I thought I was the MAN driving his NEW Audi back then (primarily bc he wouldn't even let his own kids who were older than me drive it and not so much because I liked Audis or whatever)

Only click if you have been to a hawks game at old Chicago stadium...Audio only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIWQaFwtXBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

love that sound!

That was me.

If you believe that VW changed anything on the engine from the TTS, then yes, you are correct.

Same engine, just marketed with lower hp amount and/or different tune for the US market?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Same engine, just marketed with lower hp amount and/or different tune for the US market?

I think the only difference is the intercooler and exhaust routing. Some think it causes the difference, I choose to think its a marketing thing from VW to not upset the TTS/S3 owners. The truth? who knows...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Who cares where VW "rates" their cars. Actual dyno WHP #s are 200 for the GTI and 225 for the R. Given that the R is heavier, it is no surprise that stock for stock they are nearly as fast.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Who cares where VW "rates" their cars. Actual dyno WHP #s are 200 for the GTI and 225 for the R. Given that the R is heavier, it is no surprise that stock for stock they are nearly as fast.

Dyno numbers are irrelevant. The R traps about 3-5mph faster, and is about a half second faster in the 1/4. Not a ton at all, and most of that is due to the AWD launch. From a roll, they will be comparable, until 90+ where the K04 will start walking the IHI.

Either way, thats not what we were talking about...