GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Night ruined

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
My bad guys, just thought it was strange to see a non performance vehicle with a performance part / setup. Made me do a double take.

LOL - you got beat up on your OP.
Hey, I had a CAI on my PT Cruiser!:thumbup:

sukanas1

Ready to race!
i thought the fit was a neat little car too... until i saw the price tag..

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
Saw this car last weekend in Mexico, the cheapest one costs about 10,500 dlls. How much is a Honda Fit?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
A Fit starts around 15.5k USD. A Sport with Nav can push 20k.

Its pricey compared to its competition but its well equipped stock (power convenience features etc.) while those are optional on other like models.

dbest6808

Ready to race!
Saw this car last weekend in Mexico, the cheapest one costs about 10,500 dlls. How much is a Honda Fit?

Thats actually pretty cool what model is it? Only $10,500..good price

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Its the VW Gol. Made in Brazil.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
So cheap they left off the F? Looks like a shortened Mazda 3 hatch.

Anyway, my previous car was a Fit. LOVED that thing. Dropped a K&N air filter into the thing, and immediately felt a difference. Seriously? When you're improving upon 107 or whatever my 2007 had, every single little pony you add to the thing makes a difference. Alas... 'twas not meant to be. I have Selina now.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
wait...hold on...hold on...I hope you don't consider the GTI to be a performance vehicle, do you?

Oh boy....
not another "Is the GTI a sport car or not" thread...

He means the fit isn't so much focused on sport and performance as say our GTI is, so it shouldn't be rocking a CAI.
Correct me if im wrong OP lol

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
i wonder if there are people with fits saying " i'm part of the 'i love my fit and i don't care if it's slower than your gti' club"

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Oh boy....
not another "Is the GTI a sport car or not" thread...

He means the fit isn't so much focused on sport and performance as say our GTI is, so it shouldn't be rocking a CAI.
Correct me if im wrong OP lol

Great response and "yes" the GTI is a performance vehicle.
A great versatile all- arounder and a performance vehicle.
Might not measure up to what you think of as performance but it's a performance vehicle.
Read any review, but try Automobile mags first.

andre141

I currently drive a 2008 GD3 Fit Sport A/T. I bought it my freshman year of college. Its an amazing car for the price IMO. At the time I bought mine, no other compact came close to the Fit with regard to features, quality, and reliability at such a low price.

Now, the Ford Focus and (upcoming) Hyundai Veloster are for sure giving the Fit a run for its money.

But its totally unfair to compare the Fit and GTI. They are two completely different cars, in different price brackets, and marketed to different people.

They are both fantastic cars for what they are supposed to be.

And just so you know, the modding community for the Fit is HUGE! Check out Fitfreak.net if you have some spare time.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
The only thing un cool about the Fit is the fact that it uses rear drum brakes. It's a great little car.

And I put a CAI on my last car which was a Ford Focus. It made a noticeable improvement. People mod these for the same reasons people mod GTIs. They want more fast lol.