GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ghost Braking

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
Not quite sure what is happening, but on banked turns (usually freeway junctions), i feel my brakes slightly kicking in thru the apex when i'm not actuating the brake pedal.

Thought i had installed the caliper incorrectly or something, but after a mechanic brake inspection, they've determined nothing is wrong.

I've still been able to replicate this only on certain freeway ramps, typically taking these at around 45-60mph.. today i got a traction control light to kick on..

Is my suspension so stiff that my rear wheel is lifting and causing the ABS to freak out? Anybody else have this happen ever? Ideas on what it could be?

reshwitz

Ready to race!
Use VCDS to code the ESP defeat and see if the problem goes away. If it does then you have your answer.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
45-60 mph on freeway ramps? I think if u hit 60mph there. Its going to kick in... maybe I'm a bad driver. lol

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like traction or stability control is kicking in.

:word: Yup, The right tire tends to do that if you push it.

AccelaSX

Ready to race!
Not quite sure what is happening, but on banked turns (usually freeway junctions), i feel my brakes slightly kicking in thru the apex when i'm not actuating the brake pedal.

Thought i had installed the caliper incorrectly or something, but after a mechanic brake inspection, they've determined nothing is wrong.

I've still been able to replicate this only on certain freeway ramps, typically taking these at around 45-60mph.. today i got a traction control light to kick on..

Is my suspension so stiff that my rear wheel is lifting and causing the ABS to freak out? Anybody else have this happen ever? Ideas on what it could be?

I had experienced the same thing couple of times in similar conditions. I thing it was ESP intervening. The feeling is like some one tapped the brake pedal quickly. For me it always occurred during mid-turn on long hard right turns at about 55-65mph.

baniels

Ready to race!
Pretty sure on ramps are the sole surviving stretch of American road that had no speed limit. If you don't touch 80mph the ECU+GPS team spanks you for going too slow.

I'm joking of course. I have a three day weekend. Carry on.

45-60 mph on freeway ramps? I think if u hit 60mph there. Its going to kick in... maybe I'm a bad driver. lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Pretty sure on ramps are the sole surviving stretch of American road that had no speed limit. If you don't touch 80mph the ECU+GPS team spanks you for going too slow.

I'm joking of course. I have a three day weekend. Carry on.
Im like ooooooohhhhhh yeahhhhh i went so fastttt on that sharp as almost 80 degree on ramp turn... (In reality speed was about 45mph) Perception of speed is pretty neat.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
It's that dam nanny that lives in your car. Mine was doing that quite a bit yesterday. Man I hate that thing.