GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

13 Stage 2 Uni DSG vs 16 Stage 1 WRX

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
You're 285hp/340tq at the crank right or to the wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's at the crank. We determined later that I was running an earlier version of the 91oct file, which has since been re-flashed with the most recent 93oct file, so my tuner said it should actually be putting out a tad bit more now, but I haven't had it dyno'd again since the re-flash so I don't know by how much.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that's at the crank. We determined later that I was running an earlier version of the 91oct file, which has since been re-flashed with the most recent 93oct file, so my tuner said it should actually be putting out a tad bit more now, but I haven't had it dyno'd again since the re-flash so I don't know by how much.

Same here lol I'm running their 93 oct file now. Definitely does feel better and smoother [emoji1417]

corman1313

Ready to race!
Those still seem like high numbers. I have now had 2 pro tunes with full bolt ons and the best I did was 266/307.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Those still seem like high numbers. I have now had 2 pro tunes with full bolt ons and the best I did was 266/307.

Damn corman that's impressive! On dyno day I dynod 240whp and 300wtq with stock intercooler though and on their 91 Oct file. I want to see the gains now with fmic and 93 file

corman1313

Ready to race!
Damn corman that's impressive! On dyno day I dynod 240whp and 300wtq with stock intercooler though and on their 91 Oct file. I want to see the gains now with fmic and 93 file

At that dyno day I did 237/278 on the Cobb stage 2 91 OTS map.

ketchupfreak

Go Kart Champion
Bringing this back from the dead. Same friend just got protuned at Yimisport yielding him 321.74hp/323.82tq. He has catless turboback, tgv delete, mishimoto top mount ic, cobb intake, protune. My 13 gti has CTS turboback, injen intake, Neuspeed front mount ic, Unitronic stage 2 and DSG tune.

We lined up to do a 10 mph roll start. I pulled a tiny bit from the go but he got even and pretty much kept it there till the middle of third gear where we let off. I'm pretty proud of my gti. I know if I get k04 or f23t, I'll blow his doors off lol.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice man good stuff, and considering that unitronic isn't that strong torque wise to the wheels that's a good run

csperry

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys/gals, there is an obvious obsession with GTI vs. WRX/STI or Evo. Having owned MULTIPLE Subaru and VW products in my past (WRX/STI - MK2/MK3/MK6 etc), I have come to realize that one of the greatest things that I value in our cars, is how much they are under-estimated. Yeah, don't race a stock MK6 GTI against a newer WRX/STi without expectation of disappointment, but don't put them on a pedestal either. You're also comparing apples to oranges (ask me which car I like to drive in the snow). The K03 boosts "hard" and quickly by comparison. Subies, not so quickly but don't bitch out up top...as much. This seems to be a factor that is ignored frequently. A (HYPOTHETICAL) 300hp car at 6000rpms vs a 300hp car BY 4,500 rpms (not-to-mention torque)... I feel like a lot of you/us, tend to also under-estimate the power of supporting modifications. Read the threads, learn from them, spend your money right. You'll be amazed at what your GTI can do. Mod smarter, not harder.

Last edited:

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
This reminds me of a discussion I had with one of my friends who owns a bone stock MK7 GTI with a performance pack and 6-speed manual. He asked me how many WRXs and STIs picked races with me, and I told him not many. The ones who messed with me in traffic after they lost the all wheel drive advantage had the displeasure of seeing my taillights. Now they don't want to play anymore. :(

My most significant modifications with regards to traction were lightweight 17" wheels and sticky tires. If I had to do it all over again, I would do the lightweight wheels and tires first and foremost, instead of just slapping Pilot Super Sports on the super heavy stock Laguna wheels like initially did. I learned the beauty of dropping unsprung weight.