GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2000 Acura Integra Type-R

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Had the chance to detail this baby today.

The owner is getting the car ready for Type-R EXPO 11 at CMP in June. It needs to look it's best to represent his shop. Also, it will help to keep the rubber/oil/brake dust from sticking.

You may or may not know that all Type-R's are single stage. That being said, Michael Stoops brought up and excellent point about this paint being catalyzed. It acted very much like a Base/Clear paint.

Work performed.

-Wash (2BM With Shampoo Plus)
-Clay with Meg's OTC Clay, Last Touch as lube
-Single pass with M205 on a Black/Gray CCS Pad; Speed 6 on the PCXP.
-Finished with AutoGlym High-Definition Wax for the added gloss and slickness.

Before polishing, after wash only; you can clearly see the level of oxidation I was dealing with.

The rear bumper of the car was covered in burnt oil. Even clay would not touch most of it, but the M205 took care of it right away!

This is why I don't use touchless car washes:

Out came the heat gun and 3M Adhesive Remover.

Again, this is the rear of the car.

Taped up:

50/50

BIG DIFFERENCE. That combo worked very well, so it was used to complete the job.

Total Time Spent: 6 Hours.

The client was happy. I am going to wash/clay/seal his TrailBlazer SS next week.

Last edited:

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
he's gonna represent his shop with that? good work on the detail.

Yes.

Thanks!

He has an entirely new suspension setup going on. As well as Brakes, Wheels and Nitto NT01s. The car is caged with Buddy Club seats, Pretty agressive clutch, motor mounts, exhaust, header, Samco Intake, tune. Puts out about 190whp.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Exactly what I was thinking. Basically a somewhat desirable, but highly 'used' car. The detail does look great, though.

Thanks.

Not trying to be a dick, but it's going to TYPE-R EXPO 11...

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
my bad im just hatin on hondas. i used to hang out at a speed shop back in the day and they all started with hondas and acuras and now they are reppin lotus's and porsches and bimmers and hummers. gotta start somewhere i guess. ive been thru the honda scene, dont really care for it much anymore. but the B16,B18 motors are sweet though.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
my bad im just hatin on hondas. i used to hang out at a speed shop back in the day and they all started with hondas and acuras and now they are reppin lotus's and porsches and bimmers and hummers. gotta start somewhere i guess. ive been thru the honda scene, dont really care for it much anymore. but the B16,B18 motors are sweet though.

No worries.

I say his shop, he works there, has worked there since they opened.

www.nationalspeedinc.com

They are the ones that built the 1300hp Twin Turbo Camaro for Eric Berry of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I was the last one to detail that before he got it, too. :)