gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
quick little video
https://vimeo.com/112838394

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
lol I've passed on that turn and also at the Bowl in the back.
The FRS did a wide turn so I'm thinking he let me through but no signs were given.

Nice. PCA won't let people pass in the turns. You get "talked to" if you do. Actually no way I'd be able to pass a 911 in the turn anyways hahaha.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
NOICE! :thumbsup:

How does one obtain this 700/14 track days dealio ...yo? :D

lol we were with the owner JOE and it was originally 10 for 700 bucks and the more we talked he said said ok ok if you do it today, ill add 4 for the same price.
So we said fuck it, BUT since he wanted the cash right then and there(who carries 700 bucks on a daily lol) we said we'll do it next time we go. :)

WHICH we're going on the 7th of December but to ButtonWillow. It'll be my first time there too.
If anybody wants to go. :D

Nice. PCA won't let people pass in the turns. You get "talked to" if you do. Actually no way I'd be able to pass a 911 in the turn anyways hahaha.

hahaha true!! :laugh:
well, either way, you cant pass anyone on turns no matter what unless you're in Advanced class. But he took a wide turn and i felt the need to pass him. lol

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Cool! I'll try to roll Dec 7th as well. Even 700 for 10 days is a good deal.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Had some fun at BigWillow yesterday! such a killer track out there! bummed out that half the day was raining but some people had some fun drifting, so did I in my FWD! Haha besides my tune, I think my cars handling pretty well.
got 1:44 as my fastest time but I didn't get to run it as much to improve.
Taking turn 8 was crazy! taking that bank at 110ish and with one wrong movement and youd be rally'ing! :laugh:

ButtonWillow is next. now I need some thinking to do about this car. whether it's good enough to keep modding or get something more "playful". :)

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Heading up to SOW(streets of Willow) again this Sunday!!

Swapping out my Brake Fluid for Motul 600 tonight.
Last session i was having some brake fade towards the end, so its probably due to my OEM brake fluid. lol

Lets see what times i come back with!!

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
It was awesome!! I just got home, beat to shit. snowboarding yesterday has me drained.

so crowded though since they had an event "vtec club" going on, so it wasn't the best I could do. Last time I went (same mods) i got a 1:33.1, so with all the people there i couldn't break a 1:34.2.
soooo many dawm s2000's in my class I had to let some pass, cause of that I lost a couple seconds. next time Ill go I make sure there isn't an event like this and not be crowded.
Overall I had tons of fun! Time for some upgrades tho, next up is better suspension. I feel these koni coils not stiff enough.. I feel the body moving way too much. After better coils will be front sway bar, then K04.......or a better car. :laugh:
I was the only VEEDUB racing doe! Another mark6 was there but wasn't racing, and he was modified. :iono:
I have one shot. others will be posted once my buddy transfers and edits em.

Last edited:

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
It was awesome!! I just got home, beat to shit. snowboarding yesterday has me drained.

so crowded though since they had an event "vtec club" going on, so it wasn't the best I could do. Last time I went (same mods) i got a 1:33.1, so with all the people there i couldn't break a 1:34.2.
soooo many dawm s2000's in my class I had to let some pass, cause of that I lost a couple seconds. next time Ill go I make sure there isn't an event like this and not be crowded.
Overall I had tons of fun! Time for some upgrades tho, next up is better suspension. I feel these koni coils not stiff enough.. I feel the body moving way too much. After better coils will be front sway bar, then K04.......or a better car. :laugh:
I was the only VEEDUB racing doe! Another mark6 was there but wasn't racing, and he was modified. :iono:
I have one shot. others will be posted once my buddy transfers and edits em.
Tracked at ButtonWillow yesterday...I was the sole VW there as well :(
Long drive but really fun tho. I want to track at Streets of Willow next.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
dooooood I want to track ButtonWillow soooo bad!! only one I haven't done!
We gotta represent the VEEDUB man.
Here's another shot!

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
dooooood I want to track ButtonWillow soooo bad!! only one I haven't done!
We gotta represent the VEEDUB man.
Here's another shot!............

Awesome pic! I don't have any action shots....but I look fast in the pit.... so fast my hood almost flew off :laugh:

Where did you get your nice looking number plates? I'm tired of the ghetto masking tape. :eek: