GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polk 8 inch sub

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I had electronics store do it for me, but there is a connector that plugs into the back of the stock head unit. Connector --> amp-->sub

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Did you run your own wiring for this sub and amp? How does this hook up to stock radio?

You'd want a LOC (line output converter) to hook up to the stock radio. That'll "create" the RCA outputs
Run the RCA cables, a remote wire, power cable & then a ground....that's your hookups for the amp.
Then run speaker wire to the sub

brobst

Go Kart Champion
You'd want a LOC (line output converter) to hook up to the stock radio. That'll "create" the RCA outputs
Run the RCA cables, a remote wire, power cable & then a ground....that's your hookups for the amp.
Then run speaker wire to the sub
[emoji106] [emoji106]

brobst

Go Kart Champion
The box and the sub is in the box. You have to supply your own amp. The sub can even be used in a house. I'm moving and just don't want to carry it.

Lancifer

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you post some more pics of the box and the inputs on it. When's the last time you used this sub and any issues with it?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Here are more pictures. The sub was taken out on 3/24/17 only because I switched to under the floor. No issues with it.

When taking photos I did notice a spot on the front that looked a little rubbed in the finish. See photo. I used to have the box against the carbo blocks with electrical tape on the corner holding it in place. So I think the spot is where the electrical tape rested.