GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP: CEL Flash at Idle, engine subtle rev...

quanshizzle

When my car sits at idle, the CEL flashes and the engine continuously revs up and down below 1000 RPM.

I found this piece sticking out when it happens:

When I push this back in, the problem goes away. It will eventually come loose again and the problem will repeat.

Any idea why this keeps coming loose? What is this part called?

Mileage: 87k

Roctre

Ready to race!
Yea its part of the Manifold. Just watched a video and a guy said that it a common problem for it to break off. I may need to replaced the entire thing.

You have to replace the manifold. This happened to mine sometime last year I drove around with it like that and would just sort of pop it back in when the misfires came back because I couldn't do the carbon cleaning and manifold replacement during winter. The manifold has a extended warranty for certain years and will be replaced for free, just call a dealer for it.

quanshizzle

You have to replace the manifold. This happened to mine sometime last year I drove around with it like that and would just sort of pop it back in when the misfires came back because I couldn't do the carbon cleaning and manifold replacement during winter. The manifold has a extended warranty for certain years and will be replaced for free, just call a dealer for it.

Awesome, I'll definitely hit up the dealership and ask them about the extended warranty. Thanks for the info