GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Checked oil at 15k- absolutely disgusted...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
From my crown vic at 240k miles ...
fuel <.5% 10k miles on oil
at 180k <.5 % 8k miles on oil

It says values should be <2.0%

Looks like you're in the tolerance levels.

McQueen77

Banned
From my crown vic at 240k miles ...
fuel <.5% 10k miles on oil
at 180k <.5 % 8k miles on oil

It says values should be <2.0%

Looks like you're in the tolerance levels.

how was that crown vic? this was the police interceptor type model? those things are badass, hands down. its like, if you are going to get a ford, be a man about it and get that. either that or an old bronco or F150. that car is a destroyer and if you have a black one, everyone always thinks youre a cop. those cars fly too and durable as hell. id take that over some shit Focus SVT or whatever any day.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
how was that crown vic? this was the police interceptor type model? those things are badass, hands down. its like, if you are going to get a ford, be a man about it and get that. either that or an old bronco or F150. that car is a destroyer and if you have a black one, everyone always thinks youre a cop. those cars fly too and durable as hell. id take that over some shit Focus SVT or whatever any day.

It just turned over 301k miles...(original engine and transmission) I am very anal about car maintenace as you can tell... and that's why I ran the blackstone reports on the oil. To make sure I get the interval right.
10k miles on synthetic in that car is perfectly fine even thought the factory manual calls for 3k miles with dino oil ;)

It's not the PI model because those tend to be abused and have stripped out interiors, holes in the roof and trunk etc. This is a fully loaded version, with leather, auto lights, auto hvac, etc etc. Got it for 7k and with 65k miles about 8 years ago and me and my dad were driving it ever since.

Last edited:

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
^any chance you remember how much?

I can't seem to find them, I must have given them to the dealer with the paperwork for it.

I want to say one was a tad over 1% and the other was .8 or .9.

My drive is only like 1.5 miles though so a lot of short trips. 3k change intervals, Stage 2+. I also used to let it warm up for a while, which is known to put a bit of fuel into boxer motors oil because fuel can pool on the cylinder wall.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Screen shot of analysis:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Hmm flashpoint is lowish the viscosity seems off a little as well. Aside from that it looks really good.

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
It's my understanding that break in is done at the factory. I change my oil every 5K miles & will continue to do so. I live in a hot dusty area & I drive the car hard at times. It really doesn't cost that much to change your own oil. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Ethereal

Ready to race!
we told you the old fsi engine sucked and the golf r wasnt worth it because of it but you wanted to ride your high horse. now deal with the consequences

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Bro that Moly B reading is super low.... I am ignorant on the oil analysis stuff but from Military experience (aviation) I know you want to have MORE not LESS Moly B.... Like I said, I am noob to all this stuff but I do know what Moly B is and the purpose it serves... I kind of want to do an analysis of my oil now for the hell of it... I just had my oil changed at 15k after a VERY QUICK trip from Oregon to Colorado :) btw the 140 between Klamath Falls and Winnemucca...... try it out some time ;-)