GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 2+ (k04 hardware!) review

wireless

Ready to race!
Nope, not until I get a front mount this Spring. Or if I make another trip to Austin in the near future to get it done lol

But we shall see... funds are a tad tight since I just moved/started a new job haha

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
When installing a new turbo are you supposed to prime it with oil? Not sure on the process but it goes along the line of removing fuel pump fuse then cranking it. The car would pump oil as its cranking but wouldnt start up, in return priming the turbo.

wireless

Ready to race!
NICE! did you change your spark plugs when you went k04?

Yeah, and I recently went one step colder as well (I have the plugs recommended for apr's stage 3+)

I need to do logs though to see if I get any pull or anything.. lol.

When installing a new turbo are you supposed to prime it with oil? Not sure on the process but it goes along the line of removing fuel pump fuse then cranking it. The car would pump oil as its cranking but wouldnt start up, in return priming the turbo.

I've never heard of having to do that *shrug*

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, and I recently went one step colder as well (I have the plugs recommended for apr's stage 3+)

I need to do logs though to see if I get any pull or anything.. lol.

ok cool. yeah i know the APR v3.1 guys are running those plugs.
wanted to see if thats def necessary for Uni Stage 2+.
ive seen R8 coils and stock plugs gapped at .028 is fine also..

wireless

Ready to race!
I don't have much planned for this car performance wise anymore.

I really want to do a fmic + water/meth (for cooling, mostly) and the Neuspeed TOP/TBP pipes, but I might go with AWE since they have the bung I think.. *shrug*