GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

do88 Intercooler Review- New option stock location FMIC

pashley

Ready to race!
I ordered from Eurosport tuning and got UPS tracking as soon as it shipped. Had to wait a week because there was a lot of sales....to be expected.

Yeah same here. They were upfront about it being on back order and told me it would be shipped the day they received it. They communicated with me and everything went smoothly. No complaints.

Now this IC...wow. It is a thing of beauty. I wish it were more visible after install. I can't wait to get this thing in my car. Very happy so far as the quality seems top notch. Thanks again to OP for the heads up and updates!

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Very nice FMIC. I'm sure folks will be glad to know there are other options out there.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Mine arrives tomorrow!!! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
I get mine tomorrow!

Only thing that pissed me off about ordering it was I checked the price the day before Black Friday sale started and figured I'd wait as things generally are the same or cheaper on BF, but low and behold they marked it up for BF! IIRC, they marked it up like $40- 50 more. I could understand it being cheaper a week or few weeks before but to have it go up that much overnight when it's one of the largest sales days of the year is pretty crappy IMO.

They also never updated me with tracking info or ship date. Only said it was on BO and *should* ship by a certain date. No further follow up till I reached out to them.

Never buying from EuroSport Tuning again

I noticed that as well. Before it jumped "up" in price I had thrown it in the cart and did a shipping quote and it was around $50 or so. So it all came about to $500 shipped in the end.

Then Black Friday hit and they set up a free shipping deal for every order over $200 or so I think it was. So they made shipping free and bumped the price back up in order to make it....*drumroll please*.....$500 shipped.

So the equation changed slightly but the end of the day price never did.

Chris659

Ready to race!
They were up front about the BO immediately but nothing from then on out.

Anyways, got it today and as everyone else has stated it is a thing of beauty! Very well made and very heavy duty. Won't be installing it for a while as I'm going to wait till I do my bumper swap

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
I get mine tomorrow!

Only thing that pissed me off about ordering it was I checked the price the day before Black Friday sale started and figured I'd wait as things generally are the same or cheaper on BF, but low and behold they marked it up for BF! IIRC, they marked it up like $40- 50 more. I could understand it being cheaper a week or few weeks before but to have it go up that much overnight when it's one of the largest sales days of the year is pretty crappy IMO.

They also never updated me with tracking info or ship date. Only said it was on BO and *should* ship by a certain date. No further follow up till I reached out to them.

Never buying from EuroSport Tuning again

Same experience, I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it hasn't shipped yet. I have sent multiple emails asking about where it is and get vague answers each time

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
Got mine this morning and will hopefully be installing it tomorrow!

A friend of mine also got his in and installed it today. He DID report fitment issues with the bolt heads holding the AC condenser to the IC hitting the front bumper / plastic trim. However, looking at your install picture I'm wondering if he messed up in his usage of the included washers.

It looks like you didn't use the washers under every bolt but should have used them as spacers in case anything didn't fit 100%. However, he did which caused him to have fitment issues; that's my guess anyway. Can you confirm or deny it, rupertpupkin?

jon1979

Got mine this morning and will hopefully be installing it tomorrow!

A friend of mine also got his in and installed it today. He DID report fitment issues with the bolt heads holding the AC condenser to the IC hitting the front bumper / plastic trim. However, looking at your install picture I'm wondering if he messed up in his usage of the included washers.

It looks like you didn't use the washers under every bolt but should have used them as spacers in case anything didn't fit 100%. However, he did which caused him to have fitment issues; that's my guess anyway. Can you confirm or deny it, rupertpupkin?
I put two washers each between the radiator and the intercooler. Ac condenser didn't need any washers on my car.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
I did not need any washers between condensor and intercooler, but did use 2 washers on each bolt between the intercooler and radiator. It would have fit withiut them, but they were included and gave me some room between the IC and radiator that seemed to make it better. Otherwise it would have been snug onto the radiator.

pioneercrazed

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed this IC today with the help of a buddy.

Everything went amazingly well and fit flawlessly. I haven't done much driving but one quick test drive. Power seems great and boost is the same as with stock gti IC. The biggest thing I noticed is how smooth the power comes on through to redline now.

I'd say the most difficult part was getting the new silicone hoses onto the intercooler, very tight fit.

BTW I didn't use any washer spacers and everything went together fine. It is extremely close to the radiator though.

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
Installed my IC yesterday with a friend's help.

I also had no fitment issues and didn't have to cut anything in order to get it installed. I used washers to create a small gap between the radiator and the intercooler; one washer per bolt on the passenger side and oddly 2 washers per bolt on the driver side (to get the same gap size).

Pioneercrazed, per your difficulty issue with getting the silicone hoses on; I simply used a light coating of motor oil on the hoses to help them slide on. With the way our PCV systems are, there's going to be a small amount of oil in there anyhow so just enough to barely grease them up won't harm anything. Doing that, they slid right on without issue.

The biggest issue we had was in replacing the "cooling sandwich" back into the support frame. With the new IC, that sucker is pretty damn heavy and tough to maneuver. I know people who've done it by themselves but it's a LOT easier with the help of someone else.

I've noticed that temps stay much much closer to ambient and becoming heat soaked takes a LOT more time to happen. It'll happen eventually if you idle long enough, but not nearly as quick as the stock IC did. Power is very smooth and seems to come on slightly earlier / boost seems to spool slightly quicker. The car doesn't feel like there's *more* power per se, but it does feel more "eager" if that makes any sense.