GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5 or 3 inch cat-back for F23T

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I have a feeling your all going to say 2.5 inch is fine with the F23T but I just wanted to check before pulling the trigger.

I don't plan on going big turbo with this car but I do plan on getting around the high 300's whp. Should I go 3 inch or 2.5? I like the beluga exhaust but fear it might be restrictive with the F23T.

Thanks!

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
I have a feeling your all going to say 2.5 inch is fine with the F23T but I just wanted to check before pulling the trigger.

I don't plan on going big turbo with this car but I do plan on getting around the high 300's whp. Should I go 3 inch or 2.5? I like the beluga exhaust but fear it might be restrictive with the F23T.

Thanks!

If you're spending the money on an upgraded turbo why risk it? Just get the 3"

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If you're spending the money on an upgraded turbo why risk it? Just get the 3"
the catback will not cause a restriction on a f23.

You only need/want a 3" full exhaust when you are BIG turbo. a k04 is not much bigger than a k03... you will be perfectly fine with a 2.5" catback portion and a 3" downpipe portion.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
the catback will not cause a restriction on a f23.

You only need/want a 3" full exhaust when you are BIG turbo. a k04 is not much bigger than a k03... you will be perfectly fine with a 2.5" catback portion and a 3" downpipe portion.

That's what I thought. I heard 2.5 is fine with k04 and I know the F23T is a modified k04 but just wanted to check. Are you F23?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That's what I thought. I heard 2.5 is fine with k04 and I know the F23T is a modified k04 but just wanted to check. Are you F23?
i am not. Im still stock turbo But im sure a few F23T people will chime in once they log on later today.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
i am not. Im still stock turbo But im sure a few F23T people will chime in once they log on later today.

Gotcha. Yea I plan to keep this car on stock internals and it'll probably never see a big turbo. I also just justify spending $700+ for a 3 inch catback that doesn't add any power and it just for noise.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
yep. I have the beluga racing turbo back. less than $500 shipped on sale.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
yep. I have the beluga racing turbo back. less than $500 shipped on sale.

Hot damn! Did it take long to get? Ordered right thru their website? If I do order this, it would be nice to install it over 4th of July weekend

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hot damn! Did it take long to get? Ordered right thru their website? If I do order this, it would be nice to install it over 4th of July weekend
i ordered from their website. I got mine within a few days of ordering they are located in texas.. but ive heard some people have been running into issues with them being out of stock.. i would email them and ask if they are in stock and then order based on what they say.

FriggenT1

Banned

Thanks!

Do you already have the f23?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Well don't, get a ported and polished k04 and be done...even without the p&p, it's a better choice.

I thought you were all about the F23... did it blow up? I hear that the F23's are pretty prone to failing in comparison to the K04 buttttt a k04 will never hit 360/70 whp.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I thought you were all about the F23... did it blow up? I hear that the F23's are pretty prone to failing in comparison to the K04 buttttt a k04 will never hit 360/70 whp.
you are also highly unlikely to hit that with the f23t without additional fueling. Will need at least meth and probably more.

a regular k04 tune puts you around 310-330whp. Stratified dude a pro tune on a F23T with basic components like exhaust and intake and it put down 330whp while using a E30 blend..
they made one put down 370whp but that was with methanol injection 2 jets... one 225cc in throttle body and one 125cc in piping for cooling and full bolt ons.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
getting a k04 ported and polished with a custom pro tune and full bolt ons will probably put you close to the 350whp mark.