GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 and Carbonio

Heresy

Ready to race!
My R will get APR Stage 1 and a Carbonio intake on Friday. Can't wait! :D

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Cool. Mine was supposed to get both Friday as well, but the intake won't be in until next week.

No worries as I'll get to drive the 30-40 min's back to RPI to pick it up next Friday.

PedroPat

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my APR stage 1 yesterday, installed the Carbino intake about a month ago. I LIKE IT !

I'm going for a drive today and looking for a twisty road.

lemarin

Ready to race!
Why don't you put the HPFP also, together with stage 1+ ?

The numbers are even more interesting...

Heresy

Ready to race!
Why don't you put the HPFP also, together with stage 1+ ?

The numbers are even more interesting...

Maybe in the future. At the moment I don't happen to have a spare $1k floating around. I will say this, though--with the intake and the Stage 1, the car has plenty of power. I can't imagine, at this point, I would ever need any more. But, I may change my mind in a few months.

lemarin

Ready to race!
We always need more power ! Actually for my needs, my S4 satisfied me.....the R stage 1 is still a way behind the S, power and performances wise.

drhiggens

Ready to race!
I am new here but I don't think the intake will make much difference

I agree the intake does not make a huge difference but you do get a bit better response turbo will come on a touch faster and overall if just feels a bit sharper. it is by no means night and day, but there is a difference. im sure the full intake systems have a bigger impact.

Heresy

Ready to race!
I can't really comment as to the difference the intake makes, since I got it the same time I had the tune done. All I know is that more air into the engine can't be a bad thing.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
I can't really comment as to the difference the intake makes, since I got it the same time I had the tune done. All I know is that more air into the engine can't be a bad thing.

I agree and I like mine as well. :w00t:

webcrawlr

Ready to race!
I am new here but I don't think the intake will make much difference

An intake is good for 25+ horsepower on the R given the right one. There's a couple good threads on vortex right now discussing logs for each of the more common ones out there.