GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI, Loving the Small Things

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
Basic stuff but I like how when you're wipers are on and you back up your rear windshield wipers automatically turn on. My last car didn't do that. It was a pain I'm the ass to park that thing.

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
I like when I turn the air knob to the defogger it automatically turns the a/c on to help clear it faster

masmole

Passed Driver's Ed
I like how the only time i have to actually take the key out of my pocket it is to lock the doors unless there is something about that I don't know.

Seems like there is... assuming you're talking about the Smartkey keyless entry, you never have to take the key out of your pocket ever, unless you want to pop the hatch remotely. Grasping the handle unlocks the car, button starts and stops ignition, and there's a notch on the exterior door handle that you simply touch to lock the car, just like the keyless systems in recent Audis and BMWs. No need to press a button on the fob to lock it.

jerm

Ready to race!
Seems like there is... assuming you're talking about the Smartkey keyless entry, you never have to take the key out of your pocket ever, unless you want to pop the hatch remotely. Grasping the handle unlocks the car, button starts and stops ignition, and there's a notch on the exterior door handle that you simply touch to lock the car, just like the keyless systems in recent Audis and BMWs. No need to press a button on the fob to lock it.

I actually just found out about this by accident earlier today. I've only had my car for 3 days now but I find out new things every day. I guess I need to finish reading the manual, but I think I enjoy finding out these new features on my own :thumbup:

mortis

Ready to race!
I like how my wife is afraid to drive my GTI because if something happens :fighting0030:

Junk307

Passed Driver's Ed
I like how my wife is afraid to drive my GTI because if something happens :fighting0030:

x2 - she wont even move it if I'm parked behind her in the driveway.

Jbass1911

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the three blink lane change signal.

Also I don't see many gti's around here.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
I love that I can choose to turn off the drls or that I can control the windows with my fob. BTW, why doesn't it come like that from the factory? It seems like it should've been a FEATURED feature, not one you have to turn on thru vagcom.

AudiSport4000

5cyl turbo
I love that I can choose to turn off the drls or that I can control the windows with my fob. BTW, why doesn't it come like that from the factory? It seems like it should've been a FEATURED feature, not one you have to turn on thru vagcom.

I think we have some good control over some items via the regular menu, more so than other cars at least. I like being able to control some things (foot well lighting for one). I agree some things should have been left there so we could modify or turn things on/off. The VAG cars are quite friendly and highly customizable though through VAG COM, I think its great.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion

Not sure about the DRLs, but I can tell you that the comfort windows feature wasn't standard on North American cars because, from what I've read, when closing the windows, it overrides the pinch detection. As America is a sue-happy country... VW probably wanted to avoid the hassle.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
After driving in traffic with one or two a**holes/rednecks/dip sh**s tailgating me in Hummers, Dodge Rams, SUV's or whatever s, finally the entrance ramp to the intestate arrives and then What i like is just giving it about half to three quarters throttle and watching them become a pinpoint in my rear view mirror, and they can never catch up. :)

Graustark

Ready to race!

You turned on yours through vagcom right? I do know that you can still close the sunroof (maybe windows too) after shutting the car off, and removing key, but before opening the door. That's nice.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
You turned on yours through vagcom right? I do know that you can still close the sunroof (maybe windows too) after shutting the car off, and removing key, but before opening the door. That's nice.

It is nice that you can still work the roof after taking the key out, but I love being able to close or open everything with my fob as I walk away from my car. It's a cool feature that I find useful and have gotten positive comments on from friends. Again, I think that's how it should have come from the factory, or at least be part of the comfort controls. If anyone hasn't enabled that function, I advise them to seek someone out who has vagcom (maybe even your VW dealer) and have it turned on. It's cool. *Turn off your alarm horn while your at it. God, I'm glad I turned that thing off!*