GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'11 Jetta vs '10 GTI

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
Oh I'm sorry, the car he will be driving will have technically been paid for with his parents money, I'm sure that is going to weigh heavily on his heart when driving around in his new car. I honestly want to know what you think you are doing in these threads. Do you honestly think this kid gives a shit what you think about him? Do you think you are swaying his perceptions in any way? You are just making yourself look like a jealous bitter douche bag, I really don't see how you think its your place to come in here and judge how other people raise their kids, if they earned the money they can do whatever the fuck they want with it including spending it on their kids. The truth is you know absolutely nothing about this kid and just come in here with these baseless accusations trying to feel like some big superior man when you aren't, at the end of the day you are just some really angry guy who thinks he knows what is best for everyone, if you want to raise your own kids like that, fine, go ahead. You would probably need to find a wife first though.

And my parents (mostly my dad) have problems with used cars. How would you know it hasn't been abused? How would you know if it's been raced or not? A carfax can only tell so much.

Hahaha yeah, I feel sorry for whoever gets my car next. I've been running the dog shit out of this thing since day one.

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
Oh I'm sorry, the car he will be driving will have technically been paid for with his parents money, I'm sure that is going to weigh heavily on his heart when driving around in his new car. I honestly want to know what you think you are doing in these threads. Do you honestly think this kid gives a shit what you think about him? Do you think you are swaying his perceptions in any way? You are just making yourself look like a jealous bitter douche bag, I really don't see how you think its your place to come in here and judge how other people raise their kids, if they earned the money they can do whatever the fuck they want with it including spending it on their kids. The truth is you know absolutely nothing about this kid and just come in here with these baseless accusations trying to feel like some big superior man when you aren't, at the end of the day you are just some really angry guy who thinks he knows what is best for everyone, if you want to raise your own kids like that, fine, go ahead. You would probably need to find a wife first though.

+1

VW-TX, grow up and stop trying to sound like the hardest working American in history. No one in this country has to work very hard to get anywhere.

McQueen77

Banned
Well not everyone is in the same financial situation. You make it sound as if all teens are from the projects with parents that don't make more than $25k/year. And my parents (mostly my dad) have problems with used cars. How would you know it hasn't been abused? How would you know if it's been raced or not? A carfax can only tell so much. And uh, beater cars would probably suck just as much on insurance since it's most likely isn't as safe as today's cars. 2 airbags vs. 6, along with the way the body, I guess you would say collapses, when you crash. It just makes the GTi look a million times safer. Oh and by the way, if you wanna know why the parents have problems with used cars, is because they got one for my sister and it was the biggest piece of shit ever. Engine was garbage, tranny was just about as useful as a manual without a clutch, could've just spent the money on a new car and not have to deal with that garbage.

Cars are not made of glass. You can find countless used cars out there that will run trouble free for years while some may be pieces of crap. I bought a certified pre owned Toyota Tacoma from a dealer with 35k miles and it ran virtually problem free for 10 years. Sounds like your old man got a lemon. It happens. Maybe he should have taken it to a good independent mechanic and paid for a thorough inspection before buying it. Or maybe he did and it broke down anyway. Its a car. Sometimes they break. Sometimes they don't. Maybe your sister doesn't know how to drive. As to your insurance comment, you don't know what you are talking about. Cheap old cars are much cheaper to insure than a new car, based on several factors. Where do you get this info from? Zag? The same site that tells you you can get a new GTI for 21k??

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
+1

VW-TX, grow up and stop trying to sound like the hardest working American in history. No one in this country has to work very hard to get anywhere.

He tries to make it sound like I'm a giant moron that's ranked in the bottom 5% of my class that wants to be rewarded for having such stupidity. Well news flash, guy doesn't know me and the most he knows about me is what I posted here. The way he makes it sound is that every parent should treat their kid the way he would. Meaning, making the kid the most underprivileged child on earth that shouldn't get rewarded for anything because he's gonna keep the money for himself and spend it all on his car or something. Here's something he should think about. Not everyone was/is raised the same. If my parents have money that they're willing to spend on me, then who's he to stop them?

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
Cars are not made of glass. You can find countless used cars out there that will run trouble free for years while some may be pieces of crap. I bought a certified pre owned Toyota Tacoma from a dealer with 35k miles and it ran virtually problem free for 10 years. Sounds like your old man got a lemon. It happens. Maybe he should have taken it to a good independent mechanic and paid for a thorough inspection before buying it. Or maybe he did and it broke down anyway. Its a car. Sometimes they break. Sometimes they don't. Maybe your sister doesn't know how to drive. As to your insurance comment, you don't know what you are talking about. Cheap old cars are much cheaper to insure than a new car, based on several factors. Where do you get this info from? Zag? The same site that tells you you can get a new GTI for 21k??

I got that info from my cousins. They're 21 & 22, still under their parents policy (I bet VW-TX is gonna bitch about them too) and the 22y.o has a 2010 Camry and his brother has a late 90's Civic coupe. Civic coupe is more expensive on their insurance. No accidents on either of them.

McQueen77

Banned
I got that info from my cousins. They're 21 & 22, still under their parents policy (I bet VW-TX is gonna bitch about them too) and the 22y.o has a 2010 Camry and his brother has a late 90's Civic coupe. Civic coupe is more expensive on their insurance. No accidents on either of them.

Family/Multi-driver discount perhaps? Good driver discount as well. Etc. etc.

jamesgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
Again, it is STUPID to have a car that expensive while you are a teen going to college. Ask any Financial person, CPA, etc. They will tell you the same thing. Buy a beater, a used car, have no car payments. Get you through school till you get into your career and have a full time job that pays well. This is why America is so in debt and so stupid with so many people that have no clue how to spend their money.

I'm a CPA. I think that again everything is dependent. If you're going to school on a full ride, have some savings for a nice downpayment and are willing to work to support it, realistically people can have a 25k car in school. That or have mad stacks to blow. The average American actually has WAY too much of a clue as to how spend their money, and other peoples (I jest, just playing on the diction). Just no idea how to save or work. But aren't GTI owners > average Americans?

Both my brother's had very nice cars when they went to school, they also busted serious ass to support them and scrapped every penny to save for them. Life is choices, I tell clients this all the time. As long as you know what you're in for. That said, his parents sound like great clients! ;)

Last edited:
oh go f*ck yourselves.

Little boy, listen to me:
buy a GTI, take it to college, bang chicks in the hatch, learn to become a CPL (certified Pus*y licker), and graduate with honors in a solid field, and then get a nice paying job, and then get yourself an M3, keep the GTI as a toy. But don't forget to EVER thank your parents by getting them something that'll make their life easier as they age.

Screw the dill pickles on this forum who DROVE 15 year old Sentras to class (that would be me)... if your parents can afford it, let them buy you what they can. But understand that they OWN YOUR BITCH ASS until you take care of them as they become senile and geriatric. Just my thoughts.

My dad never got me a car in HS or in college. But I don't resent you for having parents that actually planned their lives and planned for this moment for their demonic offspring...

Last edited:

jamesgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
Screw the dill pickles on this forum who drove 15 year old Sentras to Class (that would be me)... if you're parents can afford it, let them buy you what they can. But understand that they OWN YOUR BITCH ASS until you take care of them as they become senile and geriatric. Just my thoughts.

^x1000