GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Intake Manifold Removal DIY + Valve Cleaning

mmaluso

Passed Driver's Ed
I cleared it and was waiting a few days to make sure it wasn't going to come back on. I've driven about 200 miles since clearing it so it seems like everything is good to go. Thanks guys.

ShadowBlueGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Did this job over the weekend. I got the 008212 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1) - Electrical Malfunction after reinstalling everything. Turns out I forgot to reconnect the sensor that controls the flapper motor. The car runs great now and pulls much smoother. Just one question, how do you remove the fuel injectors that come out with the intake manifold? I was not able to pull them from the manifold without feeling like I was damaging them.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Did this job over the weekend. I got the 008212 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1) - Electrical Malfunction after reinstalling everything. Turns out I forgot to reconnect the sensor that controls the flapper motor. The car runs great now and pulls much smoother. Just one question, how do you remove the fuel injectors that come out with the intake manifold? I was not able to pull them from the manifold without feeling like I was damaging them.

Congrats! Don't remember on the injectors. Sorry. The VW tool is used but I think I just pulled them out since I don't remember doing anything special.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion

Mine came out real easy with a good tug. The are snug fit, from what I recall.

mundocalderon

Passed Driver's Ed
getting ready to do some cleaning this weekend. are there any parts I should order from the dealership beforehand? seals? I think I read somewhere that they *might* be necessary?

also, any a-ha moments for anyone?

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
getting ready to do some cleaning this weekend. are there any parts I should order from the dealership beforehand? seals? I think I read somewhere that they *might* be necessary?

also, any a-ha moments for anyone?

Seals are a must. Some folks needed to remove the oil filter. GL

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
are we talking about just injector seals? or the intake gasket too?

I don't have to buy this whole thing, right? http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/Injector_Kit/ES2587556/

some folks have said they've mcgyver'd the injector seals back on, but if i need new seals can I buy just the seals?

Yes, injector seals. They only come in the injector seal kit. The method I describe in my DIY is the Macgyver way. You don't need that tool from ECS but that is the proper way to do it per VAG.

rmetanes

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't find the diy for replacing the Teflon seal. can you please send me the link ? thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bmanc42

Passed Driver's Ed
When I did this after I put the manifold back on I was leaking gas so had to change the seals. I did not use the tool just put them all on with my fingers. For the white one that go into the head i used a bic pen with the ink cartridge removed as a replacement for the tool the carefully slid them on the injectors. Then used a zip tie around them to squeeze them back to size it was not perfect and I had to use the hole they go into by carefully turning them back and forth before the would go in fully. Also I used silicone spray on all the seals before inserting into head and putting manifold back.