GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jerky dsg while holding speed... "what the ffff is happening?!"

r32spool

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so i have a 2014 dsg gti with just about 14,500 miles on it. Last week i went to start the car to warm it up.. starting to get chilly here in chicago land area, and when i started it up it was rough. Car idles and and i can feel very light pauses in idle and feels some what jerky. Then it just stopped after doing it for 3 days. Then yesterday it started fine. I started my drive to work and i got a supprise jerky while cruising at about 45 mph it was quick. Rpms shift up like 100rpm so not a whole lot. It did this multiple times between speeds of 35 mph and 45 mph. And it happend again this morning on my way to work twice. Is this this just my dsg trying to figure out where it wants it shift points or could this be engine related. No check engine light. My old man had a 2010 dsg gti and i drove it for a while after my jeep was stolen and i never had this experience. What could it be?!

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
Hmmm. I had something similar happen to me, i would describe it more like chugging, or like i was driving down a bumpy road... i wasnt. I would drive and it felt like i would lose quite a bit of power for a split second, very quickly. Once the car warmed up it went away.

If this is something you're experiencing, get it checked right away. Mine ended up being a little oil screen that keeps the flow of oil to a certain volume, it was blown out and was allowing too much oil to pass through.

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
could be coil packs? My r8's were really rough at idle, and at the top of 4th the car would hold and then misfire.

before I went R8: car would jerk under high boost. Problem got worse and eventually started jerking at 5psi. THEN I got a check engine light.

I'm running stock coils for now, but will be ordering new R8's asap

Good luck!

r32spool

Passed Driver's Ed
I was thinking that one of my coils might be acting up. I was planning on getting r8 coils soon so maybe ill start there

plat

Ready to race!
Ok so i have a 2014 dsg gti with just about 14,500 miles on it. Last week i went to start the car to warm it up.. starting to get chilly here in chicago land area, and when i started it up it was rough. Car idles and and i can feel very light pauses in idle and feels some what jerky. Then it just stopped after doing it for 3 days. Then yesterday it started fine. I started my drive to work and i got a supprise jerky while cruising at about 45 mph it was quick. Rpms shift up like 100rpm so not a whole lot. It did this multiple times between speeds of 35 mph and 45 mph. And it happend again this morning on my way to work twice. Is this this just my dsg trying to figure out where it wants it shift points or could this be engine related. No check engine light. My old man had a 2010 dsg gti and i drove it for a while after my jeep was stolen and i never had this experience. What could it be?!

I am experiencing the same thing lately. However, my cold start-ups are fine as well as idling. The very subtle jerks occur as I cruise to speed after the cold start. The jerks are not frequent. They occur randomly. After 10 or so minutes of driving, they disappear. The engine is as smooth as ever and it has power. So, I am not sure what is going on.

I will have it checked out during my 30k inspection which is coming up very soon.

plat

Ready to race!
Hmmm. I had something similar happen to me, i would describe it more like chugging, or like i was driving down a bumpy road... i wasnt. I would drive and it felt like i would lose quite a bit of power for a split second, very quickly. Once the car warmed up it went away.

If this is something you're experiencing, get it checked right away. Mine ended up being a little oil screen that keeps the flow of oil to a certain volume, it was blown out and was allowing too much oil to pass through.

I do not think the symptoms are the same as what the OP described. My GTI has had the same screen blow out while I was driving. The car lost power and the engine runs very rough. Idling was very rough too. I was glad I was close to my dealership when it happened. I drove it to the dealership in limp mode.

r32spool

Passed Driver's Ed
I am experiencing the same thing lately. However, my cold start-ups are fine as well as idling. The very subtle jerks occur as I cruise to speed after the cold start. The jerks are not frequent. They occur randomly. After 10 or so minutes of driving, they disappear. The engine is as smooth as ever and it has power. So, I am not sure what is going on.

I will have it checked out during my 30k inspection which is coming up very soon.
Yes.. exactly.. however i did have a rough start up one morning last week.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
I do not think the symptoms are the same as what the OP described. My GTI has had the same screen blow out while I was driving. The car lost power and the engine runs very rough. Idling was very rough too. I was glad I was close to my dealership when it happened. I drove it to the dealership in limp mode.

hmm, i dont believe we had the same issue. I had no such limp-mode, or loss of power. It just chugged around. i had the same power, the engine light would flash, then disappear.

My initial thoughts, and theirs was plugs/coils/carbon buildup. So they did all of that and it still happened.

Hopefully with the OP's car being so new, it'll be something simple and regardless, under warranty.

r32spool

Passed Driver's Ed
Heading into the dealership today at noon.. this morning on my way to work every 60 sec or so it was happening, so i cant wait anymore

r32spool

Passed Driver's Ed
Alrighty sorry it has taken so long to post. I brought it in to show the dealership what was happenjng and my car stopped acting up so i decided not to have them try to investigate it at this time because i dont want to pay for them to do nothing. Since that day it hasnt done it too so idk. Next oil change im going to have them look. Hopefully it was just a fluke with the ecu acting up. Ill keep you guys posted tho

r32spool

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got back into town last sunday, monday went to drive car.. everything was ok. Tuesday rough start, weather is cold here in chicago. While driving car jerked 3 times. Thought about bringing it in but didnt. Wed car was fine in the am, pm went for a drive the car did it again like 5 times. Then this morning i start the car let it warm up for 10 min, then go to pull out of my parking spot and and im rolling slow in the parking lot epc light comes on. I pull into another spot and put it in park and light goes off. I think ive had enough of this car... going to bring it into dealer and if they cant find anything wrong im going to seriously think about trading in for something else. Ill keep ya all posted