GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Tuning DSG ROM Collection

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Done, site goes blank after submitting though.

Edit: whoops guess thats normal

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to everyone for all of the ROM submissions!

Why didn't something like this happen for the previous update..... Still waiting for NLS and LC......

We do recognize that the international users have been left without a few features and plan to dedicate some time to catching the ROW ROMS up shortly!

Done, site goes blank after submitting though.

Edit: whoops guess thats normal

Yeah, unfortunate quirk with using a third party form. Thanks for submitting!

Marshall@COBB

pgreene1

Ready to race!
Submitted. My DSG is shifting fantastically with my Stratified tune but I'm always up for improvement.

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
Question:

Will the protuners be able to customise and modify the TCU tune to suit the ROW market like they currently can with the ECU tune?

Reason I ask is I am about to install a K04 hybrid setup on my Mk6 GTi and then tune via a protuner but obviously the setup won’t work without a proper TCU tune (ie if we increase the boost the programmed torque limit will ruin it all)

So basically I’m holding off until the Cobb TCU tune is complete. However if the protuners can’t modify it to work with the ROW like they can with the ECU tunes and we will have to wait for proper ROW support by Cobb (months...years?) then I will just go ahead and get a TCU tune with another company and stop holding off..

Laimface

Ready to race!
Question:

Will the protuners be able to customise and modify the TCU tune to suit the ROW market like they currently can with the ECU tune?

Reason I ask is I am about to install a K04 hybrid setup on my Mk6 GTi and then tune via a protuner but obviously the setup won’t work without a proper TCU tune (ie if we increase the boost the programmed torque limit will ruin it all)

So basically I’m holding off until the Cobb TCU tune is complete. However if the protuners can’t modify it to work with the ROW like they can with the ECU tunes and we will have to wait for proper ROW support by Cobb (months...years?) then I will just go ahead and get a TCU tune with another company and stop holding off..

I'm in the same boat. I'd love an explanation as to why ROW cars are different to USA cars? I know our engine code is CCZB which gives us 10hp more when stock, but what physical / software difference is there? Stratified had to do quite allot of revisions on my tune to sort out strange waste gate behaviour and part throttle surging which they don't see on USA cars.

NNWGB6

Passed Driver's Ed
I just hope you guys get this done right and explore the dsg transmission from every angle , it really is incredible. Not something that was quickly thrown together. And please don't follow the same route a certain other company did, the route of "hey we can make a shit ton of money recommending clutches that we create because another company was recommending clutches they made and boy oh boy did they rake in money selling people clutches that are not needed".

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the submissions thus far! Our Reverse Engineering team is still hard at work on the VW DSG projects. No significant ETA updates as of yet.

Question:

That is the hope. We understand that pre-made map files (OTS) can be appropriate for the majority however there is always going to be a need to custom-tweak either ECU or TCU calibrations. Our Porsche team recently pushed out PDK transmission tuning, a project from which we learned a LOT about transmission tuning in general. The initial release did not include Accesstuner support however they are currently in the midst of adding PDK tables to Porsche Accesstuner. Once our team is comfortable in their ability to explain how PDK, or in this case DSG, tuning works we will almost certainly make those tables available in Volkswagen Accesstuner.

I'm in the same boat. I'd love an explanation as to why ROW cars are different to USA cars? I know our engine code is CCZB which gives us 10hp more when stock, but what physical / software difference is there? Stratified had to do quite allot of revisions on my tune to sort out strange waste gate behaviour and part throttle surging which they don't see on USA cars.

The differences are largely within the programming of the ECU. Different markets have varying emissions requirements which can mean either mechanical or calibration differences. While the engine may be very similar the ECU programming can differ greatly, often times using distinct operating systems.

I just hope you guys get this done right and explore the dsg transmission from every angle , it really is incredible. Not something that was quickly thrown together. And please don't follow the same route a certain other company did, the route of "hey we can make a shit ton of money recommending clutches that we create because another company was recommending clutches they made and boy oh boy did they rake in money selling people clutches that are not needed".

I like to think our philosophy is a bit different than others.

Marshall@COBB

Hijinx

Passed Driver's Ed
Wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the submissions thus far! Our Reverse Engineering team is still hard at work on the VW DSG projects. No significant ETA updates as of yet.

That is the hope. We understand that pre-made map files (OTS) can be appropriate for the majority however there is always going to be a need to custom-tweak either ECU or TCU calibrations. Our Porsche team recently pushed out PDK transmission tuning, a project from which we learned a LOT about transmission tuning in general. The initial release did not include Accesstuner support however they are currently in the midst of adding PDK tables to Porsche Accesstuner. Once our team is comfortable in their ability to explain how PDK, or in this case DSG, tuning works we will almost certainly make those tables available in Volkswagen Accesstuner.

The differences are largely within the programming of the ECU. Different markets have varying emissions requirements which can mean either mechanical or calibration differences. While the engine may be very similar the ECU programming can differ greatly, often times using distinct operating systems.

I like to think our philosophy is a bit different than others.

Marshall@COBB

Submitted mine. Question? When should we (if at all), expect AccessTuner support for self-tuning?