GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerz

Ready to race!
nah switchspeed is a couple hundred more expensive. i didn't really see enough benefits to justify the price shift.

i think the analog pack will do just fine. i haven't heard anything bad about it. i'll run 3/8" line and if i decide to upgrade later it shouldn't be harder than switching the manifold + controller (unless i go with E-Level which seems to be a nightmare to set up)

I think I've been on bagriders everyday for two weeks pricing out set-ups. It always ends with me about to click add to cart and then closing the window real quick before I spend a gross amount of money.

Jerz

Ready to race!
I thought Autozone closed. Ah I love 90+ degree days in jersey. The lovely combination of heat, humidity, and pollution makes me want to jaw anyone that says good morning to me.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Its supposed to get hotter by Saturday.

I've been cramming trying to get my Mk2 running and out of the garage because I'm finally going to pick up a beetle on Saturday. Its supposed to be 101* Saturday, and going off the current trend the humidity will be in the 90% range.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Oh, right. Yeah well we took a week or so off to get the passat ready for SOWO and took it kinda easy to mellow out after the huge grind for sowo. So we've really only started playing with it again this week.

But so far we've figured out
Cooling system
Fuel system
Radiator
Fans pushers, not pullers. No room in the bay for puller fans.
Finally figured out main power except for one funky as shit plug.
Have the vacuum system like 80% figured out
Have working heater box/core
Working gauges..radio...light switch etc.

Its coming right a long. We still have about 12-15 plugs on the interior that we have NO clue where they go. We're pretty sure we're using a Mk3 dash harness though which would explain all the extras....for like ac power mirrors power windows power locks etc. We're going to get what we want working.....clip the rest...pray it still works afterwards.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Also last weekend, we dusted off the race truck and took it out to a dyno day. Its not my truck, my best friends little brother has been working on it since we were all in high school. It was a 4cyl dakota. Its got a dodge 360 punched and stroked to a 408 running a 250 shot.

And while i was there, this happened.

So I've been pretty busy I reckon.

Jerz

Ready to race!
Haha that Dakota is bad ass, sounds like you've been really busy. Do you have any pics of your SOWO wheels? From what I've seen they have pink centers with polished lips haha, haven't been able to find a actual shot of them

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Haha that Dakota is bad ass, sounds like you've been really busy. Do you have any pics of your SOWO wheels? From what I've seen they have pink centers with polished lips haha, haven't been able to find a actual shot of them

Yup, I sure do.

Yup. Pantone color'ed 18-2120 'Honeysuckle'....2011 color of the year. Polished lips. Satin black barrels. 18x9/10 Work VS-MD's.

(not my pic Ronaldo S's)

The Dakota was really disappointing that day. I know its a mid 10 second truck. I've seen it run 11.001 on DR's and with out the juice. But that day, he put down 396whp all motor, then 460whp with a 250 shot...... When we got home I discovered that Ryan had the FPR on the external pump that feeds the big nitrous solenoids was cut down to around 4psi of fuel pressure. So probably wasn't getting shit for fuel.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
Yup, I sure do.

Yup. Pantone color'ed 18-2120 'Honeysuckle'....2011 color of the year. Polished lips. Satin black barrels. 18x9/10 Work VS-MD's.

(not my pic Ronaldo S's)

:wub:

coughporsche wheels are soldcough

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
:wub:

coughporsche wheels are soldcough

:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh hell....here we go again. Congrats dude. Which medium finally sold them?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my OZ Superturismo's and trying to decide the best way to do it too. Last couple wheel sales screwed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.