GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone has any issues with power locks in their VW?

clamthang

Passed Driver's Ed
This was a problem that first occured last summer where the power locks on the driver side door wouldn't lock or unlock. Luckily I could still unlock/lock the door manually with the physical key and magically it started working again. The problem is back now though and it's super super annoying, wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before with their VW? Last time, I had the dealer look into it, they had the car for about 7 hours and said it should be all good to go. Anyways, it sucks.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Nope never heard of em either.

Drumtech808

Ready to race!
This was a problem that first occured last summer where the power locks on the driver side door wouldn't lock or unlock. Luckily I could still unlock/lock the door manually with the physical key and magically it started working again. The problem is back now though and it's super super annoying, wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before with their VW? Last time, I had the dealer look into it, they had the car for about 7 hours and said it should be all good to go. Anyways, it sucks.

that's weird.. it hasn't happened on the golf but my lady's mk4 jetta has the same problem. when you lock it with the keyfob, the doesn't lock, yet the alarm is activated, so when you open the door the alarm goes off (which is good i guess) but the only time you can really lock it is manually with the key. and then of course it started working again about a week later.. idk lol it works so no dealership visit for me! :thumbup:

rmchung

Ready to race!
Yes, I have this intermittently. Sometimes the passenger side button won't work. Door handles will still unlock the door. I've had the dealer check it out several times and they haven't been able to replicate it. I could be going to the dealership with it not working and then when I get there, it miraculously works. I've given up on trying to fix it or even know what is causing the problem.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Just had that start to happen a few weeks ago, but not consistently. I also noticed that sometimes the driver's door made a different sound when closing it, like it hits the striker and bounces off.

Two days ago I sprayed some WD-40 into the latching mechanism and haven't had the problem since. It isn't conclusive yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that fixed it.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Update: it's been four days since I sprayed the WD-40 into the latching mechanism on the driver's side door and haven't had the problem with the door not unlocking via the remote since then. I previously had it happen at least once per day. :thumbsup: