GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK6 APR K04 vs WS6 TRANS AM..video!

turbor850

Ready to race!
But his car is automatic too, no down shifting. And he let off before I did. I'm not saying I smoked him but he didn't catch up as fast as he thought he would...

But thanks:thumbup:

Right, wasn't sure if we're both on lowest gear.

And thanks for being honest and knowing he would catch up ;)

When will there be another fair run with even start?

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Wow must be a strong running K04 to trap 115-116. That's about 3 to 4mph faster then the average K04s, but whatever. And no, for me, being one of the big tough v8 guys, it doesn't make sense that a 4 cylinder beat an 8 cylinder, since I have never lost to a 4 cylinder car, so it must not happen. :)

Exactly. Almost everyone is trapping around 112 or even less.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
I know it's hard for you big tough V8 guys to comprehend but you do lose on occasion modded or not. Maybe the guy spun first and couldn't make up the distance. Maybe he sucked at driving. Maybe his car wasn't running right. Just enjoy the video acknowledge the fact that the trans am lost without making excuses for him.

On a side note, a good running cammed trans am will likely trap 117-119 mph in the quarter and hit 11's with drag radials. This was a roll race so the trap speed is the only thing to consider. If OP got a 1 second jump with his car (K04) trapping around 115-116, what makes you think the trans am should have caught up easily in such a short race? If the trans am was stock he would have been in a different time zone and not visible in the side mirror.

Wasn't the OP

v-man

Ready to race!
Right, wasn't sure if we're both on lowest gear.

And thanks for being honest and knowing he would catch up ;)

When will there be another fair run with even start?

Haha.. don't know the guy but if I ever see him again, it will be heads up race ;)