GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is this goodbye?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I guess the car that hit you left no evidence I.e. Piece of grille/bumper piece with part # etc.

I once had a claim with a hit and run when I was working as an insurance appraiser. We caught the guy because the impact left an impression of the plate number clear enough to read on the bumper cover. LOL

That was awesome.

Hmm parking the wrong direction on that side of the road would make you at fault for that now.

Unless there is some crazy statue in the state or county, you can not be at fault for parking your car (maybe if you "parked" it in the middle lane of an interstate we could talk....but.....).

How does the car being the wrong way parked against the curb cause the accident? You can pull up behind someone in a shopping center in the AISLE....jump out and go shopping.......and if they back up and hit you it's still their fault. Your car was stationary, they have the duty to safely back their car out. Just as this jackhole had the duty to NOT hit a parked car on the side of the road. The police that responded could be dicks and give him a parking ticket, but no insurance company in their right MIND would throw this as at fault and not get sued into the ground.

And yes, it's a gonner.....a 2010 with over 11k in damages, there's no way it will survive.

Sorry man, at least you weren't in it and hurt, but this sucks. People and their loose morals and feeling of entitlement make life hard for the rest of us.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Damn, hope they total you. I wouldn't want to drive a car with that much damage. Just asking for trouble down the road.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
It's illegal in the state of Texas to park facing the wrong way. Most states are the same. Your reflectors are on the rear only and designed for showing up at night when cars are passing. the fronts are only on the sides.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Parking+in+Street+facing+wrong+way+in+texas

People get ticketed all the time in multiple cities in Texas I have been in.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Parking+in+Street+facing+wrong+way+in+texas

State law requires that you park with your right wheels no further than 18 inches from the curb. Can't do that facing the wrong way.*

Texas Transportation Code*
Sec. 545.303. ADDITIONAL PARKING REGULATIONS. (a) An operator who stops or parks on a two-way roadway shall do so with the right-hand wheels of the vehicle parallel to and within 18 inches of the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.

1. It's against the law to park like that*
2. The reflective tail lights that warn someone of your car's presence are facing the wrong way, making your car a hazard.*

Last edited:

WTF-IDK

Ready to race!
Yup. It might be state law against parking on the wrong side of the street. But it's federal law against hit and run.

cleanmk5

Go Kart Champion
An update this is my new baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyStro023

Ready to race!
An update this is my new baby

Congrats on the new whip, and sorry about the jackass who decimated the awesome GTI.

cleanmk5

Go Kart Champion
Nope they pretty much said they could do nothing after the first night

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh dang. sorry about the total. shoot, wish I would have seen this earlier, would have sold you my car... for real.

Congrats on the new one, doe.