GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacement Small Dog Bone Bushing

CobraKing

Ready to race!
Very weird. My 034 mounts passed the gf test and she's pretty picky.

He has a DSG. I've have the 034 'Street' mounts along with an Autotech insert for the last 2 years. FWIW, I get comments on how 'smooth' & 'quiet' my car is.

That said I definitely plan on going with a complete Vibratechnics mount setup next year as I really like their dogbone mount.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
He has a DSG. I've have the 034 'Street' mounts along with an Autotech insert for the last 2 years. FWIW, I get comments on how 'smooth' & 'quiet' my car is.

That said I definitely plan on going with a complete Vibratechnics mount setup next year as I really like their dogbone mount.

So the NVH ends up being worse for a DSG?

CobraKing

Ready to race!
So the NVH ends up being worse for a DSG?

Heard it can be pretty bad at idle. Plus you can't really modulate the RPM with the DSG, so at low speeds where the engine is being 'lugged' I can understand why the NVH would be terrible. Happens on the MT cars too if you lug the engine.

CobraKing

Ready to race!
^^
Lol, sorry bud I was tired last evening and mistook CSG for DSG. I stand corrected then, is it possible that your car's making too much power for those mounts to handle? I'm not tuned and the 034 mounts are just perfect for me.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
If anyone wants to replace the little bushing in the dog bone mount I got this one off ebay from vibratechnics. It's bonded rubber instead of poly. The poly ones have been known to disintegrate when exposed to the harsh winter elements. It ended up being $75 shipped, but that's still cheaper than replacing the whole dog bone.

VAG 455B

Can you share a link to where you bought this from? I found these links below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vibra-Technics-Competition-Dogbone-VAG455B/dp/B00BHK94OK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAG455B-Vib...one-Bush-VW-Golf-Jetta-Bora-MK4-/300711622647

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/vw/...66/VAG455B/torque_link_dogbone_bush_small_end

CobraKing

Ready to race!
HYDE, I have this part along with their subframe mount. I placed the order from Vibratechnics.com (US Website) but they drop shipped it directly from the UK.

You're safe with either of those links.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
If anyone wants to replace the little bushing in the dog bone mount I got this one off ebay from vibratechnics. It's bonded rubber instead of poly. The poly ones have been known to disintegrate when exposed to the harsh winter elements. It ended up being $75 shipped, but that's still cheaper than replacing the whole dog bone.

VAG 455B

reviving an old thread, would anyone know the durometer on this insert? I am debating this and the 034 dogbone.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Wow! How did that happen, are you tracking your car? Appreciate the input.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Wow! How did that happen, are you tracking your car? Appreciate the input.

That was actually my buddies car, stage 2 gti. He was accelerating quickly from a dig on the street, not launching but just taking off fast and it snapped. I've seen 2 other cars have the same issue, both happened on the street.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
That was actually my buddies car, stage 2 gti. He was accelerating quickly from a dig on the street, not launching but just taking off fast and it snapped. I've seen 2 other cars have the same issue, both happened on the street.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I wanted to go cheaper with the bushing.. but have to consider this now. In school, so trying to save money, but my OEM bushing is on it's way out and need a proper replacement.

Thanks again

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
OK, thanks for clarifying. I wanted to go cheaper with the bushing.. but have to consider this now. In school, so trying to save money, but my OEM bushing is on it's way out and need a proper replacement.

Thanks again

Check out BSH, they have a cheaper option than 034 but it's still a stronger arm than oem and it uses a poly bushing instead of billet.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Check out BSH, they have a cheaper option than 034 but it's still a stronger arm than oem and it uses a poly bushing instead of billet.

OK, thanks. I'll do research on BSH, a buddy of mine has that and recently refreshed the poly bushing. I'll follow up and see how he feels about it.

Another friend offered to try and help me get the 034 for a bit cheaper, so that puts it back as an option. Also, a different friend told me about his experience with the 034 dogbone, saying the NVH with his other mounts was too much. I think his taste is more refined, so it may not bother me as much, but I value his input.

Makes me wonder about that spherical bearing though, as it takes a rubber bushing out of the equation which would mean a lot more NVH. I'll have to read up since that is a pricey upgrade.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I ended up going with the ECS pendulum and absolutely love it. I was at a point where I had too much slop for the bushing in the OEM pendulum getting too soft, I felt it in hard braking (which I avoided) and shifting. Everything feels much more solid and my car is a blast to drive again. FWIW, I have absolutely no increased NVH from this add, which was a shock because most comments seem to indicate otherwise.