GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big issue need help. ECU related?

DCummings

Ok so here is the story. Map sensor wires got caught in fan. Had a low imput code for tge map sensor, was still able to drive get up to speed with little issues, just couldnt boost over 3psi. I fixed the wires double checked everything.

Turn the car on I get a ton of codes:
P0113
P0190
P0238
P2014
P2127
P2433

Looked then all up they say replace the sensor. No way they all went bad so I'm assuming maybe I pulled something or broke a wire or several "fixing" my sensor right? Wrong all of the connectors are gettin the voltage they need. But they're all part of the same circuit fuse/harness. Which is good. Only thing I did notice is the secondary air pump 40A fuse has no power going to or from it when the car is off, on and during cold start. Fuse is good though.

My car is Cobb tuned so my AP tells me my Hpfp psi is stuck, my iat are stuck my AFR is fluctuating from lean to really lean.

I'm stuck 400 miles from home dealers are closed I'm super screwed would like any help regarding this. I was told maybe my ECU is shitting out but that doesn't really make sense considering it was fine 20 minutes prior. Battery was disconnected for repairs.

Prescription_Bandit

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so here is the story. Map sensor wires got caught in fan. Had a low imput code for tge map sensor, was still able to drive get up to speed with little issues, just couldnt boost over 3psi. I fixed the wires double checked everything.

Turn the car on I get a ton of codes:
P0113
P0190
P0238
P2014
P2127
P2433

Looked then all up they say replace the sensor. No way they all went bad so I'm assuming maybe I pulled something or broke a wire or several "fixing" my sensor right? Wrong all of the connectors are gettin the voltage they need. But they're all part of the same circuit fuse/harness. Which is good. Only thing I did notice is the secondary air pump 40A fuse has no power going to or from it when the car is off, on and during cold start. Fuse is good though.

My car is Cobb tuned so my AP tells me my Hpfp psi is stuck, my iat are stuck my AFR is fluctuating from lean to really lean.

I'm stuck 400 miles from home dealers are closed I'm super screwed would like any help regarding this. I was told maybe my ECU is shitting out but that doesn't really make sense considering it was fine 20 minutes prior. Battery was disconnected for repairs.

Doubt it's the ECU shitting the bed. Maybe the ECU's just a little frazzled from all the changes? You said you have Cobb, do you have your accessport along with you? If so, maybe try to flash it back to stock and see if that clears everything out.

DCummings

Didn't work, just went back to stage 0. But an update is my Hpfp reading isn't stuck it's just doesn't seem to be reading more than110psi. Iat reading is definitely stuck though. Also the codes are automatically immediately present just with key on, don't even have to start the car.

Edit: wondering if anyone 1 of these sensors could cause all these codes. Issues are Hpfp, HPrail sensor, iat sensor, map sensor, manifold flap, or sai pump.

Last edited:

DCummings

update: car is at the dealer they suspect a bad ground at the MAP sensor wireing I allegedly fixed. All the systems are on the same grounding system so ill find out Thursday what the next step is after they correctly repair the harness. If the ECU is actually damaged or not.