GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recurring intake manifold issue

grandiaddict

Has anyone else had issues with their mk6 intake manifold?

I first had mine replaced by the dealership around 40k miles when it was somehow leaking oil. It was then replaced again at around 85k miles when some kind of lever inside stopped moving properly (I'm not entirely familiar with how they work).

Now I'm at 110k miles and the CEL is back on - once again...for the intake manifold. The part itself is covered under warranty, but I'm pretty sure I'll still be paying my mechanic for their work. I've had so many problems with this car that I can't help but laugh at this point.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
What's the fault code you are getting?

If you have to pay for labor anyway it's probably a good time for a carbon cleaning. Unless you have done that recently.

grandiaddict

I haven't checked the code myself yet. So far, just going off what the mechanic told me. I had the carbon cleaning done around 80k miles. It had gotten to the point where it wouldn't start consistently and would randomly stall out. Hopefully I won't have to do that again until the 150k mark.

Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to try and get a gauge on whether or not other folks have had repeated issues like I have.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I would imagine there is a way to determine if you have the latest revision installed. If you don't have the latest revision you could possibly ask your shop to order the updated intake manifold. Just provide them the part number. Its worth a shot.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
They released a completely revised version of the manifold around spring 2017 that you can see here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...utm_medium=video&utm_campaign=intake_manifold

Here's a good video showing the new version and its differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IVxPqriZkk

My manifold failed around 60K, again at 112K. Finally, they put the new version on with no issues yet. Conveniently I got discounted carbon cleanings both times!

Both times were 100% free labor and parts for the manifold swap.