GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does the new engine fix the old problem?

vitaminC

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone said MKV GTIs have some unique problems such as high engine oil comsumption, engine carbon deposit builds up and some other stuff. I wonder with the new engine in the MK6s, do we still have to worry about oil or carbon deposit?

I have looked at some pictures of some AUDI or PASSAT engines, and they were really nasty. Just curious if the dealer offers engine decarbonization service and how much does it normally cost?

Also, how can I tell I need to do this service to my car?

Thanks~~~

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
Someone said MKV GTIs have some unique problems such as high engine oil comsumption, engine carbon deposit builds up and some other stuff. I wonder with the new engine in the MK6s, do we still have to worry about oil or carbon deposit?

I have looked at some pictures of some AUDI or PASSAT engines, and they were really nasty. Just curious if the dealer offers engine decarbonization service and how much does it normally cost?

Also, how can I tell I need to do this service to my car?

Thanks~~~

It only really affected the FSI Audi and VW engines. The TSI is safe in regards to this issue.

vitaminC

Passed Driver's Ed
I am already confused with all those TSI, TFSI, FSI and TTSSSIII things...lol

so if l put it in a simple way, the engine in our cars do not have the widespread issues that the previous VW/AUDI engines do, and for now, there is nothing big to worry about, correct?

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
I am already confused with all those TSI, TFSI, FSI and TTSSSIII things...lol

so if l put it in a simple way, the engine in our cars do not have the widespread issues that the previous VW/AUDI engines do, and for now, there is nothing big to worry about, correct?

Correct...and the engine in the MK6 GTI is a TSI.